IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Point taken and I partially agree. However, under 50s don't need it, under 65s one dose, over 65 two doses. Vaccinations sorted by end of February. 

Definitely, I would be happy with any variation of the above that is well thought out and accelerates the coverage of those most at risk.

2 hours ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

But I can pretty much guarantee that like every CS you know the exact retirement time to the second.

Usually goes along the lines of "I've got 11 years 2months 1 week 3 days 4 hours and 19 seconds until I retire"

How did you pass your comedy course at clown school with this kind of drivel, i'd stick to the practical of wearing the clown costume and licking the windows.

Edited by The Chief
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Cascarino said:

The vaccine we are using gives 90% protection on top of the position we are in already which reduces the risk significantly for those vaccinated.

We are not using anything yet, but I agree with your point.

3 hours ago, Cambon said:

limited staff, get the picture? 

Ashford said they have enough staff, and you know what, I believe him. 🤣

It is ridiculous this programme of vaccination has not commenced yet. What difference would it have made to Christmas for some older people ?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Apple said:

We are not using anything yet, but I agree with your point.

It is ridiculous this programme of vaccination has not commenced yet. What difference would it have made to Christmas for some older people ?

In a vaccination programme that’s going to run, realistically, for the whole of 21/22, 730 days, to get everyone, who wants it, covered, a slight slippage of 14 days, actually significantly  less than that with Xmas and New Year holidays and weekends taken out, isn’t going to make any difference.

It won’t make any difference to any old folk, this Christmas, or next.

The big thing affecting the island is inward travel restrictions. Our vaccination levels won’t affect that. That’s dictated by infection levels in the UK, which will probably fall seasonally and naturally in late Spring and summer, hastened slightly by vaccination. 

Hopefully vaccination may stop the 2021/22 autumn and winter seasonal rise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Apple said:

Ashford has said a lot of things, like we will start vaccinating before Christmas. Yes, they have enough staff. They are on holiday. Hope they can get back in the New Year. 

Vaccination program would have made no difference to any of the elderly. There is no Covid in the community. 

JW. I have not seen any evidence that our current Covid vaccination program  will negate a 21/22 flu variation?

Could be that our research into covid, in all it's forms has , has educated us to just how this virus can transmit to us in winter flu form

As an respiratory decease, it very much depends on which variation the Bats decide to pass on to us next winter, rather than it being a variation of the current pandemic variation that is currently afflicting us?

Wash hands, wear a mask, distance and don't kiss Bats!!!

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Kopek said:

JW. I have not seen any evidence that our current Covid vaccination program  will negate a 21/22 flu variation?

Could be that our research into covid, in all it's forms has , has educated us to just how this virus can transmit to us in winter flu form

As an respiratory decease, it very much depends on which variation the Bats decide to pass on to us next winter, rather than it being a variation of the current pandemic variation that is currently afflicting us?

Wash hands, wear a mask, distance and don't kiss Bats!!!

Load of rubbish, it is not passed on by bats it may have originated there but went through another host before infecting humans. Do you understand anything about Virology. The answer is patently not a thing

8 minutes ago, alpha-acid said:

Load of rubbish, it is not passed on by bats it may have originated there but went through another host before infecting humans. Do you understand anything about Virology. The answer is patently not a thing

Bats are a good host for a number of pathogens. Look at where a number of hemorrhagic fevers (Ebola, Marburg etc.) have originated. The Wuhan outbreak is best thought to have originated at the wet food market.

They are in their defence on the cuter end of the spectrum of disease carriers.

These Bats' Cute Faces Are Not the Only Reason They're Worth Saving - One  Green Planet

16 hours ago, Itsmeee said:

Not all civil servants get that privilege day. Anyone who is a new starter in the last couple of years doesn’t get it.

Who is in to supervise the new starters as the "boss" will be on a privilege day, so may as well let them have the day off as nothing workwise will be done!