IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 minutes ago, winnie said:

I think it's the other way around!! 

Assuming the Oxford vaccine is released and we have enough, every-one over 50 who wants to be vaccinated will be by April. 

I don’t think we have the physical delivery capacity, even if there will be sufficient doses in our allocation, by then

18 minutes ago, winnie said:

I think it's the other way around!! 

Assuming the Oxford vaccine is released and we have enough, every-one over 50 who wants to be vaccinated will be by April. 

Not a hope in hell.

I would love to be wrong and see normality returning by then but I can see our borders still being restricted into 2022 which will be a disaster 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Banker said:

Loads coming off boat tonight with long queues to get through check point Charlie as reported by friends returning. Must be due to no boats last few days.

They’re still waiting to get through!

That’s 4 sailings worth. There were 11 passengers overnight on 23rd.

1 hour ago, The Old Git said:

Why are they asking for retired doctors and nurses to volunteer to help administer the vaccine?

They aren't anymore. DA says they have sufficient staff.

Capacity is tempered by the number of vaccines we actually have / get. Knowing DA he will wait till cheaper version comes over here.

1 hour ago, The Old Git said:

Why are they asking for retired doctors and nurses to volunteer to help administer the vaccine?

Christ knows. It's 975 people in 5 days. Not 9750 or even 97500. No just 975 in 5 days. Hardly Dunkerque or London marathon scale logistics. No, just 975. Everyone else seems to be able to manage. FFS what is the problem.

Just now, Happier diner said:

Christ knows. It's 975 people in 5 days. Not 9750 or even 97500. No just 975 in 5 days. Hardly Dunkerque or London marathon scale logistics. No, just 975. Everyone else seems to be able to manage. FFS what is the problem.

Yes. And each one takes about half an hour, with consenting, prepping, injecting, and 15 mins post admin check for no serious side effects.

OK it's not a one person job. But as well as those directly involved there's the time of those identifying the cohort members and 111 operators answering phones to make the appointments.

And in week 4, and every week after,  it's 1950 doses to be administered.

It is not beyond the realm of possibility in my view to vaccinate 100 people per day now that preparations (equipment, ppe, unfrozen vaccine timetable etc)  have all been arranged and put in place.

Edited by Apple