IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

6 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Christ knows. It's 975 people in 5 days. Not 9750 or even 97500. No just 975 in 5 days. Hardly Dunkerque or London marathon scale logistics. No, just 975. Everyone else seems to be able to manage. FFS what is the problem.

I highly doubt that there's 975 in the population that aren't vehement anti vaxxers. I expect they are waiting for enough to agree to it.

• Like 1

Maybe they are still working on the priority lists - you know the ones being sorted out several weeks ago.

It will be interesting to see the daily rate of vaccination (as I say 100 per day is acheivable in my book) and what if any the reasons given for not maintaining a steady pace. 

Also depends on how many vaccinators and admin staff allocated. It doesn't need many to keep a database up to speed.

5 minutes ago, Apple said:

Maybe they are still working on the priority lists - you know the ones being sorted out several weeks ago.

It will be interesting to see the daily rate of vaccination (as I say 100 per day is acheivable in my book) and what if any the reasons given for not maintaining a steady pace. 

Also depends on how many vaccinators and admin staff allocated. It doesn't need many to keep a database up to speed.

Would disagree with your 100 a day based on the way the vaccine has to be administered in batches of 950 (unless you meant on average)

Would agree the lists were surely sorted weeks ago so as to not cause any delay.

Surely?

Shirley?

Help

14 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Would disagree with your 100 a day based on the way the vaccine has to be administered in batches of 950 (unless you meant on average)

Would agree the lists were surely sorted weeks ago so as to not cause any delay.

Surely?

Shirley?

Help

Sure the lists would be ready but someone has to contact each of them on the list and ask them to phone 111 to make an appointment. They’ve made it particularly labour intensive.

53 minutes ago, Apple said:

Knowing DA he will wait till cheaper version comes over here.

The prices of the various vaccines was leaked, how much different countries pay for each one etc. The Pfizer one costs about 10 times as much as the oxford one, so you can see why places might be holding out. It's a very big difference.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

If the management of the system was effective that should be attainable. 

3 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Sure the lists would be ready but someone has to contact each of them on the list and ask them to phone 111 to make an appointment. They’ve made it particularly labour intensive.

My 88 year old Mum will have fun ringing up to arrange, bit deaf , easily confused and if they have accents it may be difficult! Hopefully I can arrange 

Edited by Banker

33 minutes ago, Apple said:

It is not beyond the realm of possibility in my view to vaccinate 100 people per day now that preparations (equipment, ppe, unfrozen vaccine timetable etc)  have all been arranged and put in place.

So, that’s 700 in each of weeks 1, 2 and 3, but that then drops to 50 new ones and 50 second doses in week 4 and subsequently, unless you double up staff and locations.

But at 800 a week it’ll take 2 years to do the whole population ( if it’s to be given to everyone )

16 minutes ago, Kopek said:

100 volunteer jabbers, allowing for not doing a 40hr wk and the second jab could take a year to do 50,000 people?

I suppose it really now depends on how quickly or slowly they want to get it done...and why.🤔

(in US over 1 million doses given in 9 days).

10 hours ago, John Wright said:

seems easier to send the vaccine to the people rather than the people to the vaccine, many of the most vulnerable will be the least mobile.   the people contacting you to tell you to make an appointment should just say do you want the vaccine, and if yes they should add you to a list and pass it on to the vaccinators .

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, WTF said:

seems easier to send the vaccine to the people rather than the people to the vaccine, many of the most vulnerable will be the least mobile.   the people contacting you to tell you to make an appointment should just say do you want the vaccine, and if yes they should add you to a list and pass it on to the vaccinators .

Don't tell me, tell DHSC/Ashie/Henny.

I'm just telling you how it's set up.

Im sure that for nursing and care homes they will send a team. But for individuals it's generally more effective to have them visit a vaccination centre and waste time travelling than have the vaccination team travelling and losing precious vaccination time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2