IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

21 hours ago, Barlow said:

Where they gonna go?

21 hours ago, horatiotheturd said:

Somewhere where you can actually conduct business and not be confined to a tiny patch of land for the foreseeable future.

Are you sure you're thought this one out?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Remember on timings for vaccinations you have to allow 15 plus minutes  for the patient in case of reaction plus somewhere to rest up till clear 

Yeah true, but that doesn't mean you cant keep moving to next patient. All it means is that vaccinated peeps need somewhere to sit and be monitored for 15mins. Doesnt make the whole process 15mins+

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Yeah true, but that doesn't mean you cant keep moving to next patient. All it means is that vaccinated peeps need somewhere to sit and be monitored for 15mins. Doesnt make the whole process 15mins+

No, the process takes half an hour from prepping, consenting, administering and observing.

There’s paperwork, sorting doses, disposing sharps, cleaning/disinfecting the cubicle, changing gloves. It’s a team effort. Depends on the layout at the location and the number of people in each team.

I reckon one person injecting can do 50-70 per working day. They’d need two, possibly three in a team. Ancillary helpers can probably cover more than one injecter.

Again the person injecting probably wont move. It’s better use of time to have recipients to go to the administration cubicles.

^ yep.

Many GPs in UK worked the flu vaccinations down to a finely tuned assembly line operation. At £80 a throw it was worth the  organising and extra staff to marshal the recipients.

Edited by Barlow

2 minutes ago, Barlow said:

^ yep.

Many GPs in UK worked the flu vaccinations down to a finely tuned assembly line operation. At £80 a throw it was worth the  organising and extra staff to marshal the recipients.

They’re getting £57 for 2 shots for Covid.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Barlow said:

Are you sure you're thought this one out?

Yep

I would put money on us still having excessive border policies that restrict peoples ability to do business well past things being largely back to normal in the UK.

Loads of people are leaving (economically active people who contribute to the skills pool and economy) and being replaced by retirees.

Businesses that were due to come here are going elsewhere.  They need to get on top of it ASAP and come up with some USPs to get people over here.

That has to include relatively free movement in and out 

Edited by horatiotheturd
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

No, the process takes half an hour from prepping, consenting, administering and observing.

There’s paperwork, sorting doses, disposing sharps, cleaning/disinfecting the cubicle, changing gloves. It’s a team effort. Depends on the layout at the location and the number of people in each team.

I reckon one person injecting can do 50-70 per working day. They’d need two, possibly three in a team. Ancillary helpers can probably cover more than one injecter.

Again the person injecting probably wont move. It’s better use of time to have recipients to go to the administration cubicles.

I didn't dispute this. All I said was you didn't need to wait 15mins to check for allergic reaction. It takes a day to build a ford fiesta, but they roll of the production line more that 1 per day

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I didn't dispute this. All I said was you didn't need to wait 15mins to check for allergic reaction. It takes a day to build a ford fiesta, but they roll of the production line more that 1 per day

It rather depends how fast the production line runs, and that depends on how many assembly line workers you have.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, John Wright said:

It rather depends how fast the production line runs, and that depends on how many assembly line workers you have.

Howie wasn’t clear on how many booths they will have at airport but it’s a large hangar so assume they will have at least 10 and hopefully going 7 days a week.

I think the main issue will be getting the appointments booked for elderly population. The GP sends a letter which some will either not understand or ignore, then they have to ring 111 to book appointments, 111 will want to send email confirmation as normal and a lot won’t have email, finally you need to get them to airport in time.

Would be much easier for the elderly say over 75s to go to GP but doubtful they will have capacity 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Banker said:

Howie wasn’t clear on how many booths they will have at airport but it’s a large hangar so assume they will have at least 10 and hopefully going 7 days a week.

I think the main issue will be getting the appointments booked for elderly population. The GP sends a letter which some will either not understand or ignore, then they have to ring 111 to book appointments, 111 will want to send email confirmation as normal and a lot won’t have email, finally you need to get them to airport in time.

Would be much easier for the elderly say over 75s to go to GP but doubtful they will have capacity 

In reverse order

They don’t. That’s why it’s being delivered centralised for most people.

Not sure it’ll be a letter, or directly from the GP. Think it’ll be from 111/track & trace and it may be a letter or phone call. There should be follow up calls.

Id hope they may try and do it by area as far as appointments go, and use the Bus Vannin patient transfer minibuses, at least for those who don’t drive.

10 booths,  12 hours a day, 7 days a week, will require at least 3 doctors, 25-30 qualified to inject, one paramedic dedicated to each, so 25-30 paramedics. Plus assorted receptionists, tea makers, data entry bods, as well as security, cleaners, supervisors.

I do think it might have been better to have dedicated days at Ramsey Cottage, the West and Deep South. Don’t understand a hangar. Airport security is a potential  issue. Wouldn’t the function room at the Grandstand be better for 60% of the population?

• Like 1