IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Ok, are they stopping new residents then under new restrictions as I wasn’t aware of those changes?

Compassionate and contractual (new house, new job, etc) applications are not allowed with the change. Jetski git tried to use compassionate before and was turned down, hence the jetski.

The change also means that the Chief Secretary (in effect the Covid lot) makes the ultimate decision whether to allow entry- they don't have to. The breach of Covid laws would give them every justification not to allow him entry even if he met the criteria.

As jetski git wasn't bright enough to keep a low profile I doubt he's bright enough to find a loophole.

Edited by tetchtyke

46 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

For all the talk about us being extra strict and too cautious, and for all the talk about all we had to do was keep washing our hands and going about our daily business, we can see what's happening across the water and it really isn't good.

For months anyone could fly in and out with no isolation required.  Their trace and trace has gone to shit and their hospitals are now seriously struggling.

I'm bloody glad I'm here and not there.  Whether our situation was by design or not we're all bloody lucky to be here and not there right now.

We all bitch and moan about not being able to see family, but I think people here don't realise that it's the same across. My two best mates both spent Christmas at home alone in Newcastle because they weren't allowed to travel to see their parents. And they weren't really allowed to go to others' houses, so they didn't.

The border restrictions are tough but at least they give us something approaching normality. We can go for a pint. Across they now have many of the same restrictions but feck all benefits to show for it.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, tetchtyke said:

We all bitch and moan about not being able to see family, but I think people here don't realise that it's the same across. My two best mates both spent Christmas at home alone in Newcastle because they weren't allowed to travel to see their parents. And they weren't really allowed to go to others' houses, so they didn't.

The border restrictions are tough but at least they give us something approaching normality. We can go for a pint. Across they now have many of the same restrictions but feck all benefits to show for it.

Well said sir

1 minute ago, Roxanne said:

Just read the locations and times one of them visited last week.  Argh.

And 13 minutes to midnight?  What?

I don't agree with Dr Ewarts assessment of the risk.

If the genome sequencing says this index has the new COVID strain, I can see us soon becoming like Jersey in terms of figures off the back of the 1886 date and time alone.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Strange timing yes 

Just as all those people who were in 1886 on Boxing Day night will most likely be celebrating the new year, bit late to warn people now!

Also only those displaying symptoms will be tested when it’s the asymptotic ones who will spread it like wild fire and 1886 is typically full of young ones so it won’t really affect them.

Bit of a shit storm but it was always a case of when not if.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, jaymann said:

I don't agree with Dr Ewarts assessment of the risk.

If the genome sequencing says this index has the new COVID strain, I can see us soon becoming like Jersey in terms of figures off the back of the 1886 date and time alone.

I think you are right, it's going to be out in the community very soon.