IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

12 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Hasn’t had to close. It’s chosen, voluntarily, to close until staff who have had contact with one staff member who was present at 1886, but may very well  not have had any contact with the index case.

All due respect to them for doing so.

For the next week, it should be the responsibility of every business to avoid being part of a potential spread. If the Gov won't encourage such actions, then businesses should proactively do so.

In my business, we will now have forms for visitors over the next week asking if they were in any of those locations at the dates and times specified. If so, they won't be permitted entry to visit.

Edited by jaymann

2 minutes ago, jaymann said:

For the next week, it should be the responsibility of every business to avoid being part of a potential spread. If the Gov won't encourage such actions, then businesses should proactively do so.

In my business, we will now have forms for visitors over the next week asking if they were in any of those locations at the dates and times specified. If so, they won't be permitted entry to visit.

Won't people just say no then? Doesn't that just give a false level of security when if you are genuinely that concerned it would be better to implement distancing and hand sanitising like we had back in April and May?

Just now, horatiotheturd said:

Won't people just say no then? Doesn't that just give a false level of security when if you are genuinely that concerned it would be better to implement distancing and hand sanitising like we had back in April and May?

So far the good people of our Island have - in the most part - demonstrated a strong ability to do their bit to protect the community from the virus.

There is only so much we can do in the circumstances. But I think the coming week ahead will be a decisive week IF this happens to have spread any further.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

The fact we are even having that thought process is abysmal.   I am amazed more people aren't questioning where the track and trace capability is.  Even Boris has managed to get that in place.

We have two phone networks, a small island and a compliant population which includes a lot of software and telecoms experts.

This should have been a doddle, hell we should have been trialing the tech here and seeing it to the rest if the world months ago.

My "likes" quota has apparently run out today (wtf is that all about?)

Anyway, good post. 

13 minutes ago, Banker said:

Yes but as already mentioned in reports they have traced close contacts, so unless you were standing next to the guy for a while you’re highly unlikely to catch it and after 15/16 days of incubation the viral load should be low.

Don't necessarily have to be next to them. There was a case in the news a week or two ago where someone was infected after being "downwind" of an infected person in a restaurant for about five minutes. He was a couple metres away, facing the guy, and was downwind due to the aircon system.

Covid is spread through airborne mist/droplets that can hang in the air for some time in the right atmosphere... such as a crowded, warm and humid pub. Person doesn't have to cough or sneeze either. Talking, shouting and singing will also generate fine droplets.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

The fact we are even having that thought process is abysmal.   I am amazed more people aren't questioning where the track and trace capability is.  Even Boris has managed to get that in place.

We have two phone networks, a small island and a compliant population which includes a lot of software and telecoms experts.

This should have been a doddle, hell we should have been trialing the tech here and seeing it to the rest if the world months ago.

Dan Craddock the owner of Plan.com offered to fully fund a thorough T&T app on behalf of IOM Gov. It was declined. Apparently we don't need it.

11 minutes ago, jaymann said:

Most people will say no and many will deny they were in 1886 if it possibly means isolating for 14 days

7 minutes ago, jaymann said:

Dan Craddock the owner of Plan.com offered to fully fund a thorough T&T app on behalf of IOM Gov. It was declined. Apparently we don't need it.

If that's true then there needs to be a thorough investigation and heads should roll.

It should have been an opportunity for the island to put itself on the map and show the rest of the world how its done.  Other countries would have cried out for the ability to test in a small population with only 2 mobile carriers.

Beggars belive if that offer was made and they said no

3 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

If that's true then there needs to be a thorough investigation and heads should roll.

It should have been an opportunity for the island to put itself on the map and show the rest of the world how its done.  Other countries would have cried out for the ability to test in a small population with only 2 mobile carriers.

Beggars belive if that offer was made and they said no

Back in April, Google and Apple collectively developed the Exposure Notification system that countries could use for track and trace applications on mobile devices.

In order for an application to use this system built in to Apple and Android devices, it needs licence approval (which is free). The restrictions are that this licence can only be granted to public health departments or third parties authorised by a Government or Public Health department.

So even if someone wanted to do this without Government support, they would need to use alternative methods which aren't as good as the inbuilt Exposure Notification system.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, wrighty said:

To early for lockdown, but would it be too difficult to track and test/advise self-isolation for all in 1886 that night? Someone else suggested via card purchases. Worth a thought...

Gave it a thought, no. I'm not into that idea at all thanks. That's too much.

5 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Gave it a thought, no. I'm not into that idea at all thanks. That's too much.

Don't need to soon as the microchips we get injected with will do it much easier..😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

With regard the timing of Quayles tweet ! 

Rob Callister on facebook says ...

Very worrying Rob.  Do you know why it was so late being released? 

Sheila - no, we were asked not to publish until 23.45, but I was asleep by then

more to this announcment late last night I'd say 

sorry about font size not sure whats happened 

Edited by Numbnuts