IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

8 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

How dare you. ‘Ashy’ has an MBE you know.

He should be stripped of that, all venues should have been shut immediately and people sent home the minute that they suspected something was wrong! It just proves that we were lucky at the first wave and not benefitting from some grand design!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I don't think there were any formal plans or procedures in place for this. I think the people doing comms, and 111 are doing what they can with the limited info available to them.

I reckon Mr I have an MBE and co were counting on the fact that the foh-teen day gold standard would've been enough combined with a bit of luck.

The fact the venue in question only found out through the news is appalling. There's simply no excuse.

• Like 3

Although I am instinctively against lockdowns, in this instance a short two week pre emptive lockdown starting on Monday (including schools) would be reasonable, hopefully avoiding a longer lockdown later in the new year. If this new variant has got into the community, it will be a bugger to eradicate without a long shutdown if we let it run. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Out of the blue said:

Although I am instinctively against lockdowns, in this instance a short two week pre emptive lockdown starting on Monday (including schools) would be reasonable, hopefully avoiding a longer lockdown later in the new year. If this new variant has got into the community, it will be a bugger to eradicate without a long shutdown if we let it run. 

We don’t need a bloody lockdown!! There have been no more new cases from the index one and he was out on 23/12 ie 9 days ago so if was a super spreader we should have seen some by now

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gladys said:

No, let's not cause panic as a defensive strategy, best cause panic after the genie is out of the bottle, so we will issue a press release at 11.45 on NYE, when the potential epicentre of a new outbreak is rammed.

Major new years eve panic at the IOM government's Covid test centre...

panic.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

I don't think there were any formal plans or procedures in place for this. I think the people doing comms, and 111 are doing what they can with the limited info available to them.

I reckon Mr I have an MBE and co were counting on the fact that the foh-teen day gold standard would've been enough combined with a bit of luck.

The fact the venue in question only found out through the news is appalling. There's simply no excuse.

I lost any respect for our government many years ago and this just re-enforces that view ( though I'm sure Dilli will be along just now to sing their praises).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Howard threw a firecracker in the room last night and fucked off.

I doubt Howard has ever got his fat fingers near the (new fangled) Twitter app. His Twitter account will be run by Kevin a Social Media content creator at the DfE. Probably posted from 1886 on his night out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Banker said:

We don’t need a bloody lockdown!! There have been no more new cases from the index one and he was out on 23/12 ie 9 days ago so if was a super spreader we should have seen some by now

Realistically, if we're taking the average of a week for someone to start shedding, and assuming they'd passed it on to reasonably healthy/young people, the symptomatic cases would start showing up from around the 1st/2nd of January, or another week after that if the others were also asymptomatic. Community transmission can bubble around before it boils over, that's why you can find COVID in places like France as early as November/December 2019.

We don't need a lockdown yet, but it's a time to be more cautious.

8 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

One bizarre statement just before midnight last night.  Not a word since.

The Island full of speculation, questions and counter questions, and where are our leaders right now? Where is the voice of calm reason? Where is the direction?

No trace or trace. Conflicting information from 111. Hundreds of people who've attended the same venues as the infected and who want to know what to do and no answer is forthcoming.

Harbour lights, 1886, other venues, church services, Illiam Dhone ceremony, gatherings are now all being hurriedly closed/cancelled of their own volition as, with no direction they don't know what else to do.

Howard threw a firecracker in the room last night and fucked off.

It's not bloody good enough.

Iliam dhone was cancelled a while ago, what other venues, church services & gatherings have been cancelled?

5 minutes ago, Banker said:

In the UK context I think lockdowns are completely the wrong way to go, however on the island, if a very short, sharp lockdown over a very slow economic period helps to maintain our normality, so be it. Granted, there are no further cases at present, but you know as well as I do that if we do get more cases our heroic government will over react and lock us down for more than two weeks at a more damaging period.

• Like 4

This situation now really shows up the different mentality between Public  and Private sector . Private sector have been totally reactive and taken the right steps while Public sector have done .....well nothing it would seem. Even a hairdressers up by me has messaged on Facebook warnings to their customers . Do CS have their ability to think ahead removed on joining the CS ? We get a tweet from our illustrious leader at 11 45 pm then mixed messages today from 111 but nothing else . Says it all about whats wrong with government  

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 4