IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Thirsty pigeon now announced they are closing until they get some proper advice.

The private sector are taking this into their own hands and doing the right thing.

The public sector with their sick pay and pensions aren't working today despite being responsible for running the island.

Edited by horatiotheturd
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Banker said:

We don’t need a bloody lockdown!! There have been no more new cases from the index one and he was out on 23/12 ie 9 days ago so if was a super spreader we should have seen some by now

Tell you what, let's put you in charge as you're so certain about everything...

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Out of the blue said:

In the UK context I think lockdowns are completely the wrong way to go, however on the island, if a very short, sharp lockdown over a very slow economic period helps to maintain our normality, so be it. Granted, there are no further cases at present, but you know as well as I do that if we do get more cases our heroic government will over react and lock us down for more than two weeks at a more damaging period.

The difference is, in the UK, they have been in lockdown of one form or another for nine months. They are fed up and most people don't give a shit anymore. The are adapting the rules as they go along. 

Most people over here have complied with the rules and we have been in a good state. 

This latest news is a blow. However, until we know there are cases in the community, there should be no action. 

2 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

This situation now really shows up the different mentality between Public  and Private sector . Private sector have been totally reactive and taken the right steps while Public sector have done .....well nothing it would seem. Even a hairdressers up by me has messaged on Facebook warnings to their customers . Do CS have their ability to think ahead removed on joining the CS ? We get a tweet from our illustrious leader at 11 45 pm then mixed messages today from 111 but nothing else . Says it all about whats wrong with government  

It's perfectly simple, nobody is allowed to take decisions which are out of their remit in the CS. They will be waiting for Howard and Ashy to be briefed and to double check with all concerned. It's like the British Army in WW1, keep doing what you're told until we tell you to stop, and don't do anything else, no matter what happens!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Numbnuts said:

This situation now really shows up the different mentality between Public  and Private sector . Private sector have been totally reactive and taken the right steps while Public sector have done .....well nothing it would seem. Even a hairdressers up by me has messaged on Facebook warnings to their customers . Do CS hqve there ability to think ahead removed on joining the CS ? We get a tweet from our illustrious leader at 11 45 pm then mixed messages today from 111 but nothing else . Says it all about whats wrong with government  

This is the problem with having all comms coming from the Chief Minister and the Chief Minister having a fetish for press conferences featuring him and Ashford.

Cast your mind back to when this all started last year. The Manx Public took it upon themselves to socially distance because the Government were slow to react saying the risk to the Island was low. People were calling for the borders to be closed but the Chief Minister still told us the risk was low waiting for a case to arrive. 

The Government need to be decisive in this not dithering.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Max Power said:

It's perfectly simple, nobody is allowed to take decisions which are out of their remit in the CS. They will be waiting for Howard and Ashy to be briefed and to double check with all concerned. It's like the British Army in WW1, keep doing what you're told until we tell you to stop, and don't do anything else, no matter what happens!

Yes I'm sure your right but its both pathetic and incompetent . These people get paid more than enough . Maybe they are asking consultants what to do as clearly they have , once again been caught with there trousers down . I'm 100% positive that theres nobody in this group who has worked for themselves or in a position of authority in the private sector that hasn't  been called out or had to step in to sort a situation over holiday period . But our great leaders and underlings are all sitting at home enjoying the time off having left their responsibilities somewhere on there desks . I shouldnt be surprised but I am. Least theres a level of consistency in everything .   

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 3

Well...two ways of thinking. Either they're being utterly idle or incompetent. Or we're in the shit and they're working flat out what to do with it.

But one cryptic tweet getting on for 24hrs ago and no communications since, either way, is not dealing well with the public expectancy for information in this situation.

What do we employ all these press and comms. bods for again? Ah, yes the distribution of good news and back slapping announcements. Not urgent, important stuff.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I know I keep banging on about this but this is exactly what happened last time. Shops and business started closing their doors while our government did nothing.

When TK bloody Max shut up shop before our government even made an announcement most of us knew to batten down the hatches and stay home.  Days later the government agreed.  Too late.  And they're doing it again now.

The public and the private sector shouldn't be forced into making these decisions because they don't know what else to do.

And how can this be 'of low risk to the public'?  At the beginning we were told how fast this spreads, and now we have two 'known' infecters who have been in venues frequented by hundreds of people and those hundreds of people have all been mingling and celebrating NYE last night and gathering today for dips and activities. And in two days time the schools are going back and from what I've learned today about this new variant our children are more at risk with this than the older population. 

Not good.

They never went in thirsty pigeon so not sure why they’re shutting 

11 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Well...two ways of thinking. Either they're being utterly idle or incompetent. Or we're in the shit and they're working flat out what to do with it.

But one cryptic tweet getting on for 24hrs ago and no communications since, either way, is not dealing well with the public expectancy for information in this situation.

What do we employ all these press and comms. bods for again? Ah, yes the distribution of good news and back slapping announcements. Not urgent, important stuff.

Sadly it would seem utterly idle and incompetent .

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1