IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Sorry, I should have made clear this is what I think it should have been. Clear, simple, concise. Aimed at the people who, I imagine, go to 1886. ( Based on professional experience )

How many of such people do you think would observe that sensible advice John?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Barlow said:

Keep 'em in a drawer for a month or so. They will provide an excellent diary and aide memoire of where you have been.

And in some cases are excellent evidence where you weren't, doing the things they say you did, and with whom.....😇

Sorry, did I just say that out loud.?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, John Wright said:

The public advice is simple... 

If you work in a public facing or service role, and have been to those locations on those dates and times, tell your boss...

And hopefully, those who've been in those locations can be relied upon to be honest enough to advise those with whom they've had contact with since.

Can we be assured that people are sensible and will be straight up about their movements?

As other posters have indicated, the advice has been imprecise and subject to change. A relative of mine, whose son had been in one of those locations was told by 111 that only if he displayed any symptoms should he seek to be tested. She was worried and after a second call she was advised to arrange a test for him but nothing said about whether he or the immediate family should isolate until the results were known. 

2 hours ago, Nom de plume said:

Listen, It’s time for some leadership. They dictate what happens next, not Quilt & Pingu from MF.

Lol, and were the decision-making up to people like you I suspect health services would be in complete disarray.

"Quilt and Pingu" - a search of those terms is a dead giveaway of the two posters using them...😉

4 minutes ago, quilp said:

As other posters have indicated, the advice has been imprecise and subject to change. A relative of mine, whose son had been in one of those locations was told by 111 that only if he displayed any symptoms should he seek to be tested. She was worried and after a second call she was advised to arrange a test for him but nothing said about whether he or the immediate family should isolate until the results were known. 

Judging by the Facebook comments it appears a lot of people will be having a test, depending on the results of those tests will determine a lot of what happens next. You’d like to think people would be careful and keep close contact to a minimum but it’s like every time it’s a cold winter night , people complain there is ice on the roads and take absolutely no responsibility for their own actions, it’s immediately the DOI/Gritters at fault.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

You are correct, thats largely the sort of statement and advice they should have had ready to go months ago, along with guidance in where to get masks from for those who don't have them

A press brief conference or statement yesterday would have been welcome with the opportunity to reiterate /and reemphasis the current guidance, and also maybe question some of the actions taken (isn't that c called accountability?)

This smacks of the Government saying there is the advice, now do what you will with it, and the consequences are yours, and yours alone.

Good communications are part of good leadership. This is not the greatest example of either.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

It’s all very fishy I have a friend who’s family are isolating following being in close proximity they were told the results of there test would have been 7pm last night or 10am this morning...it’s currently 11.30. If they can’t keep to what they say they need to update people 

Well at least they’ve had a test, are any of them showing symptoms or is it just precautionary?

2 minutes ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

No symptoms just precautionary trouble is everyone down stream from them that spent time with them on Boxing Day etc so a lot of people are awaiting there results 

I don’t doubt that, it’s a worry for a lot of people. The original advice was only to isolate if you have symptoms so it’s good to hear they have had a test.

29 minutes ago, quilp said:

And hopefully, those who've been in those locations can be relied upon to be honest enough to advise those with whom they've had contact with since.

Can we be assured that people are sensible and will be straight up about their movements?

As other posters have indicated, the advice has been imprecise and subject to change. A relative of mine, whose son had been in one of those locations was told by 111 that only if he displayed any symptoms should he seek to be tested. She was worried and after a second call she was advised to arrange a test for him but nothing said about whether he or the immediate family should isolate until the results were known. 

There’s no requirement or official advice to give any information on movement or stay in its John’s suggestions 

By the way busy in town with most cafes etc open and no sign of mass panic or face masks 

Edited by Banker