IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

6 minutes ago, Banker said:

There’s no requirement or official advice to give any information on movement or stay in its John’s suggestions 

John is the new government.😄

7 minutes ago, quilp said:

There's a requirement that common sense should be exercised, regardless of official advice...

Well personally I don’t think there will s a requirement for anyone in the venue to isolate unless they have symptoms and I would follow official advice but it’s upto everyone to do what’s best for them. Not many will lose pay to stay in if not advised to do so

Just now, Banker said:

Well personally I don’t think there is a requirement for anyone in the venue to isolate unless they have symptoms and I would follow official advice but it’s upto everyone to do what’s best for them. Not many will lose pay to stay in if not advised to do so

Correct, and therein lies the rub. 

The Government have clarified the situation & Howard via his New Years Eve whisky fuelled tweet.

There is no need to ring for a test or self isolate unless a person that visited those venues (any person actually) presents symptoms.

Endex**

**Until we hear differently 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

The Government have clarified the situation & Howard via his New Years Eve whisky fuelled tweet.

There is no need to ring for a test or self isolate unless a person that visited those venues (any person actually) presents symptoms.

Endex**

**Until we hear differently 

Robinsons have confirmed they are open as normal as risk is minimal although some idiot was saying their stock should be destroyed!!!

Terrace chippy open as well 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, horatiotheturd said:

Manx radio news at 1w said anyone working in the venues mentioned at the tines listed should self isolate and contact 111 if they get symptoms.

How hard is it to get clear info out? Really

Where are Manx Radio getting their information from?

If it’s via official IOM Government channels, why the hell is it being fed to the public second hand?

Are they all still on holiday?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, quilp said:

Manx Radio are an "official IOM government channel" aren't they? 

Are they?

They are heavily subsidised but I’m not sure they are classed as an official Government channel.

Either way, it’s second hand & incoherent reporting.

... but they are ‘The Nations Station’ ergo, we pay for it!

Edited by Nom de plume

14 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Manx radio news at 1w said anyone working in the venues mentioned at the tines listed should self isolate and contact 111 if they get symptoms.

How hard is it to get clear info out? Really

The news I heard and what’s reported on their various sites doesn’t say that, what I heard & read was isolate only if you have symptoms.

now western swimming pool has shut as someone went to one of venues even though no advice to do so, someone wants some extra paid holidays!!

7 minutes ago, Banker said:

The news I heard and what’s reported on their various sites doesn’t say that, what I heard & read was isolate only if you have symptoms.

now western swimming pool has shut as someone went to one of venues even though no advice to do so, someone wants some extra paid holidays!!

There's mixed reporting of everyone isolate, staff only isolate or nobody isolate unless symptoms flag up. Could be easily solved by a Gov presser or statement, alas no.

Regarding your second point, that's a pretty lame assessment. In my shoes, I have a duty to protect my staff and customers. That doesn't mean I'm going to close down, but damn right we will put extra precautions in place and ask people to stay away for the next week if they've been to those venues at dates and times stated.

Edited by jaymann