IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

9 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Yes, yes ... if you develop symptoms.

Not self isolate if you work there.

Surely by the time you develop symptoms it's way too late. Strange advice for hem to give. Understand we shouldn't panic but if I had been in close contact I'd be worried whether or not I had symptoms

Just now, horatiotheturd said:

Actually, reading it thatched mean only eith synods.  The way she used emphasis when reading it it  are a cross different 

Bit early for the pop to have got you. Is incoherence a Covid symptom? Better ring 111.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, alpha-acid said:

You Sir are an idiot who does not know anything about Virology, Epidemiology or anything come to that

Yep, I am thick as pig shit. In fact, I am so thick it took me into my 40's to become a self-made millionaire, and I didnt retire until I was 53. What a complete moron! 

18 minutes ago, tetchtyke said:

The risks spending 15 minutes or more in close proximity to them. Simply being in the same venue as them doesn't make you at a high risk of catching it from them. That's not the same as saying there is no risk, there is always a risk, but the widespread closure of venues is an overreaction. An understandable overreaction, but still.

If you have symptoms then call 111. But being in Robinson's at the same time isn't a massive risk.

In venues like busy bars, the 15 min rule goes out the window.

The risk of mass spreading when you didn't even come within 2 metres of the person remains very high.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Surely by the time you develop symptoms it's way too late. Strange advice for hem to give. Understand we shouldn't panic but if I had been in close contact I'd be worried whether or not I had symptoms

They’ve already identified the close contacts as stated in the original statement Bd they are isolating & have been tested & negative 

1 minute ago, Banker said:

They’ve already identified the close contacts as stated in the original statement Bd they are isolating & have been tested & negative 

Can someone please tell me how they have been able to identify close contacts for 1886, when the venue weren't even aware until the presser went out?

My mistake, but she read

"The Isle of Man Government says the risk to the public remains low, but those who were visiting or working in the locations during the relevant times are asked to self-isolate, (pause)  and contact 111 if they develop symptoms of Covid-19"

Which is different to

"The Isle of Man Government says the risk to the public remains low, but those who were visiting or working in the locations during the relevant times are asked to self-isolate and contact 111 if they develop symptoms of Covid-19"

Listening to it live it sound like the advise was to self isolate for anyone who had been there.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jaymann said:

I don't think it's an unreasonable request given the lack of clarity in the circumstances, just for the next week which is the critical time for this cluster.

Maybe needs to be longer than a week given the scientific belief that the new strain is contagious later and longer.

It's impossible to know who has been in contact with someone who has been in contact with the infected people. That's the case for a circuit breaker.

3 hours ago, John Wright said:

[...]. Looking at the timeline I’m still confused by the two arrivals both still being positive after gold standard 14 day isolation. Did one bring it and give it to the other? Still, we now have it covered with day 1 or 2 and day 13. Shame we didn’t have arrival and end isolation testing sooner, but it worked well for 6 months, or more.

I suspect the New Year’s Eve tweet/FB postings were the soonest they could have been got out, with when the index case probably presented for testing, was tested, results obtained and then track and trace could be conducted.

I think the puzzle over timing (and remember the 'index case' then had at least six days in the community after isolating for 14 days before they developed symptoms) may be due to their companion being the one infected (asymptomatically) and passing it on quite late during isolation.  The companion might still be testing positive as an 'old' infection.  This is unusual (probably under 1%) but not unknown and there are further tests that can indicate if it is such an infection.

This would still be worrying because the index case would have developing their symptoms, and being at their most infectious, at the very time they were moving around the venues listed.  Furthermore there's the possibility that infection may have actually happened from an unknown source after they completed isolation.

You're being too kind about the timing of the news release though.  According to the Facebook version they had had enough time to test the eight contacts (including the companion) after contact tracing.  So being 'forced' just before midnight on New Year's Eve is implausible.  More likely some comms genius decided it was 'a good time to bury bad news' or they just wanted to be able to announce later that there had been now new cases in 2021 yet.  You should never underestimate the sheer pettiness of these people.