IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

42 minutes ago, tetchtyke said:

Absolutely, there's a reason pubs and weddings are big spreader events. Alcohol and close social contact, especially if you're on the dance floor singing along to the bangers. There's a definite risk. But my point is that we should try to keep some perspective, unless there's something we don't know (like it was their staff do and they were out with the contact) shutting the swimming pool and the Pigeon seems a bit of an overreaction.

I understand why there's that overreaction, I think people are legitimately nervous, I know I am. But still.

Sometimes treating it as worse case scenario is better for everyone over the long term, we learnt this much from the original lockdown. I think most bars/clubs would rather close for a week as a precautionary measure than contribute to the possible spread and they’ll be shut down for 4-6 weeks instead, short term pain, long term gain.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Sometimes treating it as worse case scenario is better for everyone over the long term, we learnt this much from the original lockdown. I think most bars/clubs would rather close for a week as a precautionary measure than contribute to the possible spread and they’ll be shut down for 4-6 weeks instead, short term pain, long term gain.

There’s no need to close anything as no spread, wish everyone would calm down!!

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Banker said:

There’s no need to close anything as no spread, wish everyone would calm down!!

But there might be , its too early to know so personally I think the measures taken by 1886 and the likes are justfied but equally had they stayed open I could understand that also. However if it spiralled after staying open then the Proverbial would hit the fan  

Just now, Roxanne said:

You’re missing the fucking point Banker. 

There’s no one in charge telling them that and no one is listening to you.

Where’s the government?

They should be here giving clear and concise instructions and reassurance. 

There have been clear published instructions, there is no need to isolate or contact 111 unless you have symptoms!! Most are adhering to these instructions but some people & venues have decided to take alternative action which is totally within their rights 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

You’re still missing the point.

You understand the instructions. Great! 

There are thousands who don’t. There are hundreds who have been given conflicting information. They are worried. 

Doubt there are thousands who don’t understand or hundreds given conflicting information but obviously some 

I have told everyone I speak to , mother etc not to panic & listen to Facebook brigade 

Edited by Banker

6 minutes ago, Banker said:

There have been clear published instructions, there is no need to isolate or contact 111 unless you have symptoms!! Most are adhering to these instructions but some people & venues have decided to take alternative action which is totally within their rights 

Have you read this thread, social media and the press?

There are multiple very distinct messages from 111 that are unclear.

8 minutes ago, Banker said:

Out of interest..

If a venue decided not to close or introduce precautionary measures and someone catches COVID there from a member of staff who happened to be in 1886 that night, then that new person then dies from COVID. Is the venue, staff members and others going to face criminal charges like Abbotswood is supposedly doing?

I can’t blame anyone for closing if they have staff issues due to the locations or at a minimum introducing precautionary measures asking people to stay away if they were in those locations, irrespective of whatever the fuck 111, Howie or Queen Ashford have to say.

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

If there had been anything to panic about I’m sure Ashie would not have replied in the manner he did. Let’s await the update advising no new cases and then stop the panicking!!!

It’s too bloody early. Boxing Day was exactly 1 week ago. There could be any number of asymptomatic individuals roaming the Island right now and some may start to show symptoms in the coming week. Maybe if they’d have consulted the venue, they might have been able to do proper contact tracing.

’Ashie’? You sound like one of them Gef the Morongoosers.

Edited by NoTailT
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

This is the probable reason why there was so much downplaying of the use of masks (especially in the UK) in the first months of the outbreak, which those responsible are now pretending didn't happen.

Oh, especially in Isle of Man. In the early days Dr Alex Allinson MHK (yes, he's a doctor) was playing down the wearing of face masks, in a somewhat smug and patronising manner.

• Like 1