IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

32 minutes ago, Golfer said:

Looks like we will be moving to level 4 on borders next Thursday according to Howie which means iom residents can travel off island unrestricted as long as you quarantine for 14 days on return.

No testing for Guernsey travel to & from or quarantine.

You have always been able to go, sadly you never took up the facility, I doubt that this will please you either.

5 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

You have always been able to go, sadly you never took up the facility, I doubt that this will please you either.

Now you can go & come back without permission as long as self isolation. Just follow the Jersey vips & nip out for a meal etc!!

3 hours ago, Debbie said:

I am taking bets for when we will see the next coronavirus case in the Isle of Man.

And I was taking bets on when some scaremongering knobhead was going to post that sort of claptrap. You do understand that unless we lock ourselves away for ever then we need to get used to just living out lives aware that Covid isn’t going to go away. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

I can’t see many wasting their time on this. To have to isolate again, and have the states jackboots threatening you for the slightest ‘alleged’ violation. 

As for the ‘air corridor’ again, hardly exciting, unless you are wealthy, whereby you can visit another island, and perhaps maybe relocate there. It could prove to be a master stroke for Guernsey, courtesy of the Isle of Man Government

Personally I would prefer it if IOMG gets its arse in gear and permits the few travel agents doing summer direct flights to Majorca, from Reynoldsway now there is a air corridor - UK to Spain, without quarantine. Are the medics controlling the politicos brave enough to permit this?

The way things are going we may as well right off this year. Still it’s alright for those Politicos who will find a way of getting off the rock, without having to self isolate on their return.

Fair play.  Complete twaddling in every paragraph. 

26 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Life needs to go on.

I appreciate that, and agree a bit, but we are beginning to see places go backwards. Parts of Serbia, presumed to be almost virus free have had to close down following outbreaks linked to Djokovics tennis tournament, regions of Germany are back under lockdown, parts of Portugal announced today. I'd very much prefer to stay still for a while before going on, than going on and then have to go backwards. The UK, despite 'improving' figures (x2 today over yesterday) is still a mess. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

As far as I am aware so far  you were not entitled to get permission to travel back if you went across after the lockdown.was imposed.

With the rule change you can do that .

46 minutes ago, pongo said:

Perhaps an anonymous hotline.

Yes because that’s exactly what we want. To go back to the dark days of April and May where every nosy busybody in the IOM was reporting their friends and neighbours to the police for anything they could possibly think of. 

8 minutes ago, Mr Newbie said:

The first “air bridge” has now been confirmed. Hopefully others follow. If you don’t like the risks it’s probably a good time to sit out summer in the basement eating beans.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-guernsey-53185255

I don’t remember flights to Guernsey before. That article says (or implies) none since 2013