IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 hours ago, wrighty said:

Lamentably yes I am. I meant that I’m not working today - first full day off since 20th Dec. 

Glad you’re still there then. At least you can see the results of your work and many will be glad you put in the hours you do.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Jeez. You’ve brought this up SO many times. Get some resolution to your upset and move on. It must be hellish living with that attitude. 

Yeah ok. He' dead brilliant really.

eta

I have to say I was rather gobsmacked at the time he made his pronouncements. And it had to be brought up again in reply to Roger Mexico's post, you see. To redress the balance.

Don't worry, though., I am sure it will be mentioned again, if you really, really don't mind, on your forum.

Edited by Barlow

4 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Why do you have to be so disagreeable.  Why can't you just accept that everyone is entitled to their views and their feelings.  We get to hear about your's often enough.

Not one person here has given any indication that they are panicking. Not one.

Really there were a few calling for pre emptive lockdown for 2/3 weeks but that’s not panic FFS!!

I was para phrasing from press release if you read it, basically giving tests to keep people happy not for any medical reasons.

Hopefully there will be no cases and the person who offered to eat humble pie if I was proved right will do so !!

6 minutes ago, Banker said:

Hopefully there will be no cases and the person who offered to eat humble pie if I was proved right will do so !!

Nobody should be eating humble pie. The utmost caution is the most sensible approach. Very few people would be long term impacted by a short circuit break.

• Like 1

We are all relying on advice from Public Health, thats Henrietta Ewart in plain terms, this is the woman who went on holiday at the start of a pandemic! She says this is a low risk event, 1400 odd people disagree Henriatta.

The first words out of HQ's mouth tomorrow need to be, Rachel Glover please come back to work !

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, pongo said:

Nobody should be eating humble pie. The utmost caution is the most sensible approach. Very few people would be long term impacted by a short circuit break.

Nobody except all the business and the people who enjoy going to them just the several thousand then!!

Why would we lockdown when there’s no spread and 286 negative cases & no new positive ones?

Howie also pointed out in update that the number awaiting tests includes all those waiting for day 1& 13 tests, hospital appointments, etc

Edited by Banker

3 minutes ago, Banker said:

Why would we lockdown when there’s no spread and 286 negative cases & no new positive ones?

Because of the time that it takes for an infected person to become infectious. 

A short lockdown would be way less damaging than a longer lockdown as a result of a significant outbreak.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1