IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 minutes ago, pongo said:

Because of the time that it takes for an infected person to become infectious. 

A short lockdown would be way less damaging than a longer lockdown as a result of a significant outbreak.

FFS there’s no need for a lockdown, read the update from Howie etc and it’s clear we are following all protocols and this is no time to panic and lockdown to pander to a few a Karen’s 

Edited by Banker

1 minute ago, Banker said:

FFS there’s no need for a lockdown, read the update from Howie etc and it’s clear we are following all protocols and this is no time to panic and lockdown to pander to a few a Karen’s 

You are the Karens.

• Like 4

I agree no need currently for a lockdown but certainly a need for the type of precautions 1886 and others are showing . Pity CM. and his minions weren't as proactive . The press release just earlier should have happened first thing yesterday morning   

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Johnny F said:

We are all relying on advice from Public Health, thats Henrietta Ewart in plain terms, this is the woman who went on holiday at the start of a pandemic! She says this is a low risk event, 1400 odd people disagree Henriatta.

The first words out of HQ's mouth tomorrow need to be, Rachel Glover please come back to work !

Exactly!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Numbnuts said:

I agree no need currently for a lockdown but certainly a need for the type of precautions 1886 and others are showing . Pity CM. and his minions weren't as proactive . The press release just earlier should have happened first thing yesterday morning   

I think he was hanging on for results first otherwise it could have been different update but overall I thought the announcement was good and should stop more speculation.

anyway I’m off to the pub before Pongo shuts them!

• Like 1

I dispise lockdowns, but equally I value the freedoms we have enjoyed since June. I consider a precautionary two week extension to the xmas holidays, on balance, to be a reasonable course of action based upon the scant information that I have to hand. It may be that our government have a good handle on this cluster and have it all in hand, in which case my concerns about an elongated and unnecessary lockdown over the next few months will be nullified. 
Banker, there are many types of people out there, some scared, some panicked, and some, like me who do not want another economically disastrous long term lockdown and as such would like to see a balanced and procative approach. I hope that it is what we get...

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Out of the blue said:

I dispise lockdowns, but equally I value the freedoms we have enjoyed since June. I consider a precautionary two week extension to the xmas holidays, on balance, to be a reasonable course of action based upon the scant information that I have to hand. It may be that our government have a good handle on this cluster and have it all in hand, in which case my concerns about an elongated and unnecessary lockdown over the next few months will be nullified. 
Banker, there are many types of people out there, some scared, some panicked, and some, like me who do not want another economically disastrous long term lockdown and as such would like to see a balanced and procative approach. I hope that it is what we get...

Read the government update  plenty of information there , alternatively go to the pub like me and get some sensible advice from the regulars 😀

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Johnny F said:

We are all relying on advice from Public Health, thats Henrietta Ewart in plain terms...She says this is a low risk event, 1400 odd people disagree Henriatta.

The first words out of HQ's mouth tomorrow need to be, Rachel Glover please come back to work !

Henrietta Ewart is experienced and knowledgeable and should be listened to.

A woman who has worked in public health since 1991, or someone on Facebook having a panic. I know who I'd listen to!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Banker said:

Read the government update  plenty of information there , alternatively go to the pub like me and get some sensible advice from the regulars 😀

At best an interesting hypothesis  but I think I'll give your advice a bit of a swerve , keep posting , there's not a dry seat in the house.:flowers: