IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

50 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

There's someone on a local FB group now upset and up in arms.

They've booked in for a business with a no refund unless they're closed. Said person is now seeking a refund because they're worried about COVID. Said business isn't involved in the outbreak at all, so understandably hasn't been forthcoming with the refund.

I feel like it's unfair to suddenly expect everywhere to bend over when the official policy is business as usual. There's a clear line between being a bit more conscientious and slating a business whose terms are clear. 

Was that the ice rink?

33 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

It wouldn’t have been difficult for them to issue a credit note though would it? rather than just ignore her request completely and copy and past their previous messages. The lady in question tried to cancel her booking almost immediately after making it, it’s not like she tried to cancel last minute on them.

If its the ice rink then a credit note is no use as it closes after tomorrow 

10 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

If its the ice rink then a credit note is no use as it closes after tomorrow 

Ah well in that case there is absolutely nothing that could be done really but still an apology with that explained would have looked better than simply ignoring her request.

For some reason I confused Manx Skate with another local business, I didn’t realise it was the temporary one by the bus station.

Seen several posts on Facebook from people saying they have had negative tests coming back as late as 22.00 so the labs must be working late to process them.

not seen one person saying positive so hopefully Howie will give further update with lots more negatives and this paranoia will calm down 

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

Seen several posts on Facebook from people saying they have had negative tests coming back as late as 22.00 so the labs must be working late to process them.

not seen one person saying positive so hopefully Howie will give further update with lots more negatives and this paranoia will calm down 

Not sure you can draw the lab working late conclusion. I think results are sent out manually. It may take several hours to send out 200-300 results from one test run.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Not sure you can draw the lab working late conclusion. I think results are sent out manually. It may take several hours to send out 200-300 results from one test run.

Well 286 negative upto 4pm yesterday and people reporting they were getting emails at 22.00 with their negative results so it points to another lot of negative with no positive yet.

there’s not 1400 to do from 1886 contacts etc as it was pointed out in press release as a lot of pending are for day 1,13 , hospital appointments etc due normally over next few weeks 

From a simpleton point of view (mine) unless you have symptoms or are asymptomatic, it’s going to give a negative result so big H being happy with the 258 negative results from contract tracing isn’t that much of a thing?

I know a couple of people now who rang 111 without symptoms but had been in one of the listed places, not happy with the advice given (if no symptoms, relax) so they called again saying they felt unwell and have since been asked to go and test.

Big fan of testing but can’t help thinking there will be a lot of those 1400 that are the same with no symptoms but want testing anyway

Just now, immortalpuppet said:

From a simpleton point of view (mine) unless you have symptoms or are asymptomatic, it’s going to give a negative result so big H being happy with the 258 negative results from contract tracing isn’t that much of a thing?

I know a couple of people now who rang 111 without symptoms but had been in one of the listed places, not happy with the advice given (if no symptoms, relax) so they called again saying they felt unwell and have since been asked to go and test.

Big fan of testing but can’t help thinking there will be a lot of those 1400 that are the same with no symptoms but want testing anyway

That’s the issue people pretending they’ve got symptoms to get a test, read the press release there are not 1400 to test from this incident 

13 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well 286 negative upto 4pm yesterday and people reporting they were getting emails at 22.00 with their negative results so it points to another lot of negative with no positive yet.

there’s not 1400 to do from 1886 contacts etc as it was pointed out in press release as a lot of pending are for day 1,13 , hospital appointments etc due normally over next few weeks 

So the lab run had finished by 4 pm. Doesn’t mean the e-mails had been sent out. Doesn’t indicate what you suggest.

The listing of those waiting for second tests is inconsistent. I’m not sure how much reliance can be placed. Or they’ve changed.

I booked our first, and second, tests on 23rd. We were first passengers off the boat at 05.45 on 23rd, first passengers to whom the new regs applied. We did our first tests. 2nd tests are tomorrow. So at 16.00 on 24/12 there were at least 2 awaiting 2nd tests - plus people who had arrived on the same sailing as us, the sailings and flights on 23 and 24 December.

The press announcement table issued 16.00 on 24th said zero waiting for tests. There may have been a couple of hundred. Although it was probably many fewer as I’m assuming people returning for family Xmas would arrive before 10/12. We were only here for Xmas accidentally.

I’d also assume that there was an increase in arrival numbers after Xmas day. As UK moved more areas/people into Tier 3, meaning you couldn’t stay with family or in hotels.

I've no idea how many of the 1463 are waiting for 1st tests or second tests, or 1886, or suspected Covid, or being admitted to hospital, or travellers. The worrying thing is that I suspect Government doesn’t either. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, John Wright said:

So the lab run had finished by 4 pm. Doesn’t mean the e-mails had been sent out. Doesn’t indicate what you suggest.

The listing of those waiting for second tests is inconsistent. I’m not sure how much reliance can be placed. Or they’ve changed. I booked our first, and second, tests on 23rd. We were first passengers off the boat at 05.45 on 23rd, first passengers to whom the new regs applied. We did our first tests. 2nd tests are tomorrow. So at 16.00 on 24/12 there were at least 2 awaiting 2nd tests - plus people who had arrived on the same sailing as us, the sailings and flights on 23 and 24 December. The press announcement table said zero waiting for tests.

I've no idea how many of the 1463 are waiting for 1st tests or second tests, or 1886, or suspected Covid, or being admitted to hospital, or travellers. The worrying thing is that I suspect Government doesn’t either. 

Ok assume we will find out later but the press release indicates they know exactly who is waiting for testing & exact reasons. Also reported that testing was being done in afternoon after normal closure of 12.30

Robinsons have had to release a statement saying why they are staying open and not bowing to public pressure to close, the paranoia is getting worse, next we’ll have mobs demanding closures!!

Edited by Banker