IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

No we have not. There’s a lot of hoping here that it doesn’t go any further, but it is being poorly executed and managed by Public health,

Well that’s your opinion but respectfully I don’t agree , I think it’s been well handled but communication from Howie at start could have been better 

• Like 1

A number of businesses are ensuring staff who were at these venues (or whose family members or direct contacts were at the venues) work from home this week.

Where possible, a sensible precaution in my view, given we will not know any true impact for at least a week.

Government should be issuing the same advice IMO.

• Like 6

Just now, Albert Tatlock said:

A number of businesses are ensuring staff who were at these venues (or whose family members or direct contacts were at the venues) work from home this week.

Where possible, a sensible precaution in my view, given we will not know any true impact for at least a week.

Knowing how this works, I’d imagine the AGs office issued advised that would mean the Government made themselves liable financially if they made such instructions if e.g. a business had to close due to staff shortages.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NoTailT said:

Knowing how this works, I’d imagine the AGs office issued advised that would mean the Government made themselves liable financially if they made such instructions if e.g. a business had to close due to staff shortages.

Yet the financial consequences of a potential 'superspreader event' are likely to be far worse.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

This makes the most sense really. If everyone was advised to isolate, they'd ask who is paying their bills, especially in January when typically people are skint.

9 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Well the advice is that’s not required & the swimming pools, homes that closed should be open now ! Just mass paranoia spread by Facebook & MF

There is no health or other needs to do so 

Edited by Banker

3 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well the advice is that’s not required & the swimming pools, homes that closed should be open now ! Just mass paranoia spread by Facebook & MF

There is no health or other needs to do so 

There isn't yet.

Personally I'm sticking to my guns to protect my staff and clients by insisting anyone who attended the venues at dates and times specified do not enter until 11th Jan onwards until the picture is clearer.

That's a decision made on consulting my staff on how they feel and their view hasn't changed following the briefing.

I don't blame any business for taking some additional precautions.

Edited by jaymann
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Banker said:

Not really.

Hindsight is only valid after the fact.

The fact is, tests and results for this potential outbreak are not likely to be accurate till later this week. Meanwhile, precautionary measures where possible are wise.

• Like 5