IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Quote from conference 

Our advice was clear argues Quayle

I'm sorry, but Quayle doesn't get to decide if the advice was clear.  The only thing that tells you if advice was clear is how the public at large understands it.  If they (or even a reasonably large percentage of them) are confused, then the advice wasn't clear.  That's what 'clear' means.

It's typical of the arrogance and stupidity of those who are in charge of running the Island, both politicians and civil servants, that they think all they need to do is issue a single statement  at 13 to midnight on New Year's Eve and then everyone on the Island will telepathically know exactly what the meaning of it is and what to do.  And if they don't it's the public's fault.

The whole technique of public information is that you have to keep on repeating the message you want to get across and monitor how it is received and what queries people have and alter your message accordingly.  You don't just put out a long, confusing Facebook post at the last possible minute and sit on your arse for days in the belief that everyone must understand you because you are a Terribly Important Person.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Cassie2 said:

I would give Paul Moulton an MBE in recognition of him finding a pair after he was infuriated by what they did to Rachel Glover.
Now this from the heroic world-class epidemiologist Rachel on Twitter: 

Dr. Rachel Glover 🇮🇲🧬 @rachomics 3h
So when I was calling for day 13 surveillance testing back in October/November they ignored me.     All year the IoM gov has implemented whatever I have suggested about 2 months after I say it.             For my new Manx followers. FYI I will always offer to help IoM Gov with COVID. But I will always call them out on what they do too. It's why they won't use my company for the genomics. They cannot stand criticism.

Rachel is a molecular biologist. She’s not an epidemiologist. That’s not to downplay her opinion, just to correct her occupation. 

1 minute ago, wrighty said:

Rachel is a molecular biologist. She’s not an epidemiologist. That’s not to downplay her opinion, just to correct her occupation. 

Whatever her role, I'd rather have her working with me during this crisis than criticising me.

• Like 4

Rumours scotland are going into a lockdown similar to march

They have had huge restrictions for the past couple of months probably worse than England and still the cases have risen. Not quite sure what else they can restrict as pretty much everything is closed

Edited by thommo2010

21 minutes ago, wrighty said:

I have updated the post to reflect that Mr Wright. And should also point out that she is much more than that. More here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rachel-glover-39762126

Edited by Cassie2
  • Like 1

Just now, quilp said:

Who to believe..? 

I do wonder if 1886 were contacted or 'someone who works at 1886'.

Here we have a case where someone has entered the Island under a relocation pathway, ie they are new to the Isle of Man. I still fail to see how adequate contact tracing can be carried out because I would assume that the individual(s) wouldn't know to identify all that many people?

12 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Keir stamer now calling for a full lockdown whatever that means as again what else can they close in the uk?

Remember the last lockdown and how that got rid of covid. Oh hang on. 

Their last lockdown was starting to achieve something. But then they caught in a twiz about Christmas and letting people see each other. If they prolonged the lockdown over the festive period and further, the results may well be very different. I’m still expecting to see 70k+ cases per day in the coming week or two in UK.

Look at Germany (graph below) that had a full lockdown over the festive period and it is still ongoing. It can work perfectly fine, but you gotta stick at it rather than unlocking as soon as things start to head downwards.

Regional Tiers a waste of time. Look what happened as soon as London went in to Tier 4, thousands upon thousands of people fled the city to go to Manchester, Birmingham etc

2603368B-B889-4F4B-96C5-A243AD2E3A38.jpeg

Edited by NoTailT
  • Like 1