IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

11 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Edit - I've been arguing with a couple of covid is a hoax people recently. The only ways you can possibly STILL think that are that you are a genuine moron or you are a malicious cunt. There is no other explanation.

I’d postulate that the ‘Covid is a hoax’ cohort is comprised of 80% genuine morons, 20% cunts.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

And to think that there were those (including on here) advocating opening our borders and allowing the virus to rip through the population to establish "herd immunity".

I'd still argue that we need a new border strategy that isn't reliant on the rate of infection across with a traffic light style system, as I have done previously.

But I'm also convinced that we won't see any relaxation of the borders until at least October in reality.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Banker said:

I have suggest you do

They announced that the fact they were a named establishment was news to them at the weekend

Today they said 

"1886 was contacted on Thursday 31st December between 5pm and 6pm by The 111 Team regarding COVID-19 contact and trace. We were made aware that the risk was very low and that they were in the process of contact tracing members of the public and that 1886 along with numerous other venues may be identified as having been visited and were notifying us that an Official Press Release would be made when the contact tracing has been fully verified and complete.
During this call we were also informed that the risk was very minimal and that there were no additional actions we needed to take. We were not asked to close. We alerted our staff, highlighting our hygiene and cleanliness standards are still 1886’s top priorities. It was news to us that so many venues were visited when the Official Press Release was made near midnight.
On New Year’s Day, thanks to the efficiency of The 111 Team, our staff were offered (even if they didn’t have symptoms) a COVID-19 test immediately. To ensure our staff could have time off to get tested appropriately, we made the business decision to temporarily close as we would have been understaffed, and which would also gave time for extra cleaning. All staff tested have all came back as negative.
The health and safety of our staff and customers are our utmost concern which is ultimately what led to our decision. We would also like to thank the IOM Government, the 111 Team and the NHS for their expertise and the efficiency of the contact tracing and the testing of our staff and keeping the Isle of Man safe.
We are reopening 1886 on Wednesday, 06th January and look forward to welcoming everyone back.
Thanks to you all for your support getting through 2020.
Happy New Year
James Thompson"

Those statements don't contradict each other 

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, jaymann said:

But I'm also convinced that we won't see any relaxation of the borders until at least October in reality.

I posted yesterday inviting predictions from forum members as to when the Island would have fully reopened borders but my post was, I think, lost in a welter of ‘1886’ posts (and fair enough). I wouldn’t dispute your suggestion of the first relaxation coming in October. I predicted fully open borders no earlier than 31-03-22. The lockdown just announced by Johnson, which conspicuously didn’t have an end date, is being interpreted right now by the talking heads on BBC as at least until ‘into March’. That’s likely, and will have a bearing on pushing back any initial relaxation of border controls here. So, yes, your October suggestion for the first (not entire) relaxation seems entirely plausible. 

3 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Unnecessary use of vile language?

Repetition of a term used by the OP. It’s your call if you consider it vile and/or unnecessary. 

Edited by Uhtred
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

I posted yesterday inviting predictions from forum members as to when the Island would have fully reopened borders but my post was, I think, lost in a welter of ‘1886’ posts (and fair enough). I wouldn’t dispute your suggestion of the first relaxation coming in October. I predicted fully open borders no earlier than 31-03-22. The lockdown just announced by Johnson, which conspicuously didn’t have an end date, is being interpreted right now by the talking heads on BBC as at least until ‘into March’. That’s likely, and will have a bearing on pushing back any initial relaxation of border controls here. So, yes, your October suggestion for the first (not entire) relaxation seems entirely plausible. 

Johnson said in March 2020 give us 12 weeks. 

10 months later here we are back to square 1. The link I've posted was him on the Andrew marr show just over 24 hours ago. 

So to answer your question whatever johnson says maybe look to add 12/18 months to it so january to July 2022

• Thanks 1