IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, pongo said:

I was broadly in favour of some kind of a short lockdown. But not for no reason. Rather, on the assumption that the island could be dealing with the new highly contagious strain which some scientists believe takes longer to show up and which may be contagious later.

It's weird that they still haven't been able to say what strain it is.

That was my take on it, I would rather have a few days just to see how things pan out than wait until the numbers reach a certain quota, I don’t want a repeat of March and that month of lockdown was unbearable for many people.

• Like 2

The new strain is reported as being 70% more transmissible than the old. That is a game changer and our precautions need to be revised accordingly until the local situation is proven otherwise. We are continually fighting on the back foot. Proactivity and prevention are the weapons required, not reactivity and assumption.

• Like 3

Just now, thommo2010 said:

The way I am reading a lot of things on line people seem to think that this vaccine will be the end of covid. People do realise even with the vaccine people will still get it, get sick and die?

Like the seasonal flu and other diseases. Not the end, but certainly the return of our freedoms.

1 minute ago, thommo2010 said:

The way I am reading a lot of things on line people seem to think that this vaccine will be the end of covid. People do realise even with the vaccine people will still get it, get sick and die?

This is corrrect. However widespread deployment of the vaccine may change its status to a normal day to day risk and less of a global pandemic 

The chances of it spreading will be significant reduced once everyone is regularly vaccinated.

MEDIA STATEMENT - NEDBANK PRIVATE WEALTH – COVID-19
We can confirm that this morning, Tuesday 5 January 2021, we were advised that an Isle of Man based member of staff has tested positive for COVID-19.
Following the confirmation, established protocols were put into action and a number of staff have been advised to leave the office and work from home for a period of initially 14 days as a precaution. The office is closed to members of the public until further notice.
The Government Track and Trace team have been contacting any individuals who have been in close contact with the staff member to advise of any other specific individual actions that may need to be taken.
We continue to follow government guidance across our locations. Due to our contingency planning staff were able to quickly move to work from home, having already done so for a period earlier last year. Staff remain dedicated to providing the excellent support clients can expect from Nedbank Private Wealth.
The wellbeing of our staff, clients and the Island community remains our priority and we wish our staff member well for a speedy recovery.