IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Just now, thommo2010 said:

The way I am reading a lot of things on line people seem to think that this vaccine will be the end of covid. People do realise even with the vaccine people will still get it, get sick and die?

Correct, people die for all sorts of reasons, but it feels as though the public perception of death through this virus is that it is more preventable than others and in someway wrong/different to the raft of other causes of death, whereas the reality is that the real issue is our NHS’s unpreparedness to deal with an influx of cases. The issue post vaccine should be investing in the NHS’s capacity to deal with excess cases caused by future pandemics as the current situation (especially in the UK) is not sustainable.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Banker said:

Do you want a bet?

What are you? 12? There's not going to be a lockdown announced today, but I'm pretty sure they'll be announcing a few cases and some kind of small changes to the approach. 

Edit - oh and as I posted the the announcement came through of 6 cases.

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

If this runs rampant our top brass will be facing some very difficult questions on a number of levels.

We had it in hand, under control and we got sloppy. Letting people come and go for all sorts of tenuous reasons without a rigorous (and applicable) testing and monitoring regime. People couldn't be relied on to self-isolate or observe the rules of their own volition, they never can (jetski man), they're too accustomed to their freedoms or "it doesn't apply to me".

We should have set up an isolation quarter for incoming people. Mount Murray again if necessary. You come in, you stay here for two weeks+. Under observation. Sounds draconian but it was the only way.

It was no good letting them mingle and THEN jailing them, if they were ever caught at all.

• Like 2