IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, Banker said:

FFS calm down so lockdown requirement and certainly not schools, are you a teacher 

I'd like to see an analysis done on cost of a 21 day lockdown now vs the reintroduction of distancing measures (incl. in workplaces) over a much longer period. I'd also like to know what the impact of each would be on the long-term ill in our community, with regard to cancer treatment etc.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, forestboy said:

Government totally culpable now. 
Been going along on a wing and a prayer for too long. 

As posted before...we got sloppy, complacent and over confident. Plus manipulation of figures to back it up where applicable. And not updating protocols to suit any changes.

Until the knowledge is proven - assume worse case scenario. Which doesn't mean allowing roofers, jetskiers or HNWs to ride roughshod over the rules.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Banker said:

FFS calm down so lockdown requirement and certainly not schools, are you a teacher 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55406939

Scientists are urgently investigating hints the new variant of coronavirus spreads more easily in children.

If proven, this could account for "a significant proportion" of the increase in transmission, they say.

6 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

It's because he knows he's inadequate.  He knows he's an imposter.

Anyone secure in their own abilities wouldn't behave like that and they certainly wouldn't have orchestrated getting rid of the one valuable asset that the Island needs right now.

It’s all stuff he can (and should) work on though, I see journalism as being very similar to acting, once that microphone is live you need to be able to switch characters and push any personal agenda out of the window. I think he tries to relate to the common folk when actually he could get more information for everyone by behaving differently, he could still ask probing questions but rather than keep probing for an answer just move on, that would make the person answering seem incapable rather than highlighting this annoying dog with a bone type character we currently see/hear.

2 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

As posted before...we got sloppy, complacent and over confident. Plus manipulation of figures to back it up where applicable. And not updating protocols to suit any changes.

Until the knowledge is proven - assume worse case scenario. Which doesn't mean allowing roofers, jetskiers or HNWs to ride roughshod over the rules.

You forgot the critical services of a bunch of rail welders!

• Like 2

Just now, Annoymouse said:

It’s all stuff he can (and should) work on though, I see journalism as being very similar to acting, once that microphone is live you need to be able to switch characters and push any personal agenda out of the window. I think he tries to relate to the common folk when actually he could get more information for everyone by behaving differently, he could still ask probing questions but rather than keep probing for an answer just move on, that would make the person answering seem incapable rather than highlighting this annoying dog with a bone type character we currently see/hear.

At least he's stopped demanding to know the race of positive cases.

34 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Shield the vulnerable & elderly, vaccinate the care home staff & patients & let’s get on with it ffs.

Yeah. Now when the vaccine arrive on the Island? 

We could have had 976 vulnerables protected (or a couple of days away and to a great extent) by now but we sat on our arses 'waiting for a bit of paper'. I could not have scripted this any better to make the point I keep banging on about.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Annoymouse said:

Agree.  Maybe once he has a few years experience he will get the hang of it 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

That post suggests your interpretation of the release is that one has left isolation and the rest were still doing theirs.

I read it more as most of them hadn't travelled at all.

Guess we find out at 4

I read that:

One of the six most recent positive cases is again from an individual who had completed their 14 day period of self-isolation. The case pre-dates the new day one and day 13 testing regime introduced on 23 December 2020.

implied that the others were still isolating.  The rest would presumably be Day 1 s that had been retested (Or maybe just Day 13 from yesterday) or it could be from people isolating who had developed symptoms.  Given the numbers it would be more suspicious if there weren't some cases among those who had been away.

2 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I read that:

One of the six most recent positive cases is again from an individual who had completed their 14 day period of self-isolation. The case pre-dates the new day one and day 13 testing regime introduced on 23 December 2020.

implied that the others were still isolating.  The rest would presumably be Day 1 s that had been retested (Or maybe just Day 13 from yesterday) or it could be from people isolating who had developed symptoms.  Given the numbers it would be more suspicious if there weren't some cases among those who had been away.

If 5/6 are Day 13 tests, it highlights the incompetence.

Many called for that data especially given concerning figures coming out of Guernsey showing a decent number of day 13 positives.

I think we have been very very lucky. Which is unfortunate because all these things should really be tripping COMIN (HQ/DA) up.

Just now, Banker said:

We’ve got 12 cases not 1200 so drop the stupid lockdown calls. There’s so many on here & Facebook would love a lockdown so they can say told you so!!!

I personally don't see scope for or think we need a lockdown. But are you suggesting it is wrong for the general public to be - rightly - worried in the ability of the Governnent to ensure their safety and control the spread?

I think they have every right to be concerned and voice it, without being belittled.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Apparently staff member tested positiveimage.png.6dccd78b2d678f2d60cb4e0992d2e0e4.png

So with Nedbank and this wine bar, that's at least two out in the public ie not isolation tests. Only one claimed to be beyond 14 Day period in PR. So either we have this cluster transmission or another new positive flagged today not included in the 6.

• Sad 1