IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

12 minutes ago, jaymann said:

If 5/6 are Day 13 tests, it highlights the incompetence.

Many called for that data especially given concerning figures coming out of Guernsey showing a decent number of day 13 positives.

I doubt they are all Day 13s because there's only yesterday there will be any Day 13s from.  Which itself is of course a large part of the problem - they've only just started with exit tests.  I'm hoping they're held-back ones from the weekend or symptomatics.  

What is really depressing is that the way this is being handled by the government with exactly the same faults as they have been showing for the last ten months.  The only important thing seems to be that Howie and Ashie have their self-important press conference at a time to suit themselves and at which they then fail to give any meaningful information.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Roxanne said:

With respect, he can certainly work on those things but without a solid core of confidence in himself he's never going to be able to master the art.  He just can't help but take things personally and his 'go to' modus of operandi is to go on the attack. He just hasn't got it and if he was going to get it he would have got it by now.

It must be hard for him.  I appreciate that.  By all accounts the majority of his team think  he's a joke, and he must be picking up those vibes all the time. If he didn't feel so inadequate he'd be able to ask for help, to use the advice and support of his colleagues.  But I don't think that comes easy to him either and I can see why to be honest.

So we are where we are...

I don't know if you're talking about Moultan or Quayle.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, jaymann said:

I personally don't see scope for or think we need a lockdown. But are you suggesting it is wrong for the general public to be - rightly - worried in the ability of the Governnent to ensure their safety and control the spread?

I think they have every right to be concerned and voice it, without being belittled.

Shut the boarders. 

20 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Apparently staff member tested positiveimage.png.6dccd78b2d678f2d60cb4e0992d2e0e4.png

If true more worrying, re spread. This is Ramsey, not Douglas. And it was full on New Year's Eve...

Edited by Non-Believer
extra bit

Isle of Man Government

Ramsey bar identified as high risk location for COVID-19

Anyone who attended the Truth Wine & Tapas bar on Parliament Street in Ramsey, on either New Year’s Eve or Saturday 2 January, is being asked to self-isolate immediately.

The venue has been identified as a high risk location after an individual, who was identified as a close contact of a confirmed case, tested positive for Covid-19.

This individual is known to have been at the venue on two separate evenings:

Thursday 31 December 2020 - 17:00 pm to 01:00 am

Saturday 2 January 2021 – 17:00 pm to 23:45 pm

Dr Henrietta Ewart, Director of Public Health, said: ‘Anyone who attended the venue, on either of the two dates and times specified, should self-isolate immediately – as should anyone they live with. They should then contact COVID-111 for further advice.’

The Council of Ministers is currently meeting to evaluate the evolving threat to the Island posed by COVID-19.

It follows the deteriorating situation in the UK and six positive test results that emerged late yesterday and overnight.