IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

12 minutes ago, jaymann said:

I still believe this a massive overreaction to an issue the Government caused.

Local measures, yes. Previously I believed they were happy keeping borders shut because the local economy was booming on the inside, through local spending being massively up. Now they're throwing real pain at many many businesses once more.

It doesn't matter what the cause is, the measures are necessary to put a lid on it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Gladys said:

It doesn't matter what the cause is, the measures are necessary to put a lid on it. 

Maybe. But it isn't in line with the framework for infection and outbreaks laid down by the Government.

Their only way to deal with anything is to go hard ie the easiest option.

21 minutes ago, jaymann said:

I still believe this a massive overreaction to an issue the Government caused.

Local measures, yes. Previously I believed they were happy keeping borders shut because the local economy was booming on the inside, through local spending being massively up. Now they're throwing real pain at many many businesses once more.

As wrighty pointed out, there's nobody been saying anywhere locked down too soon as part of this pandemic.

Kids were pulled out of class today in RGS identified as close contacts.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jaymann said:

Level 5 border with new testing regime on day 1, 6 and 13. 50 quid per test.

It's the sheer pettiness of this that gets me.  You need to encourage people to take tests and they're still imposing these silly charges, which some will then try to avoid.  They're still stuck in the "If we don't test, we won't find it  and that means we don't have it" mentality really.  Despite evidence showing just how dangerous that is.

If returnees don't take the tests they have to isolate without them for 21 days.  And guess what we've just had a case where someone tested positive 21 days after arrival.  Presumably if there were no symptoms they could merrily have walked around, untested, infecting people.  Testing should be compulsory and free.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3