IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

16 minutes ago, Golfer said:

It should be an interesting month for both the UK and Jersey. Their results at the end of July will no doubt heavily influence when our borders will open to outsiders.

1 hour ago, Boris Johnson said:

Any new houses are drawn by architects so it does not need swarms of them to keep the islands maps up to date I would have thought? Even more so now Google have got everything mapped.

Except Google are no way near up to date.  A lot of the mapping and related Earth seems many years out of date with a lot of new development not showing (Street View dates to 2010 for example).  For planning purposes everything has to be up to date before the architects get to it.  Where do you think they get their data from?

39 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Except Google are no way near up to date.  A lot of the mapping and related Earth seems many years out of date with a lot of new development not showing (Street View dates to 2010 for example).  For planning purposes everything has to be up to date before the architects get to it.  Where do you think they get their data from?

Bearing in mind that we are only talking about changes here (mapping having been done since the Vikings) - If 5 mapping officers went to work at 9am tomorrow, by 12 am would 15 man hours of mapping changes have occurred?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, asitis said:

I see on the news that Leicester is seeing a surge in infections and may be subject to local lockdown ! whatever happens I do hope we exercise great care here on opening the borders !

......to immigrants from  Leicester, I agree.

27 minutes ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

Bearing in mind that we are only talking about changes here (mapping having been done since the Vikings) - If 5 mapping officers went to work at 9am tomorrow, by 12 am would 15 man hours of mapping changes have occurred?

Exactly. And any changes, for example the new estates, are drawn by the developers.

33 minutes ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

You are not from this place are you ?

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, NoTail said:

Our leaders adamantly deny this is true.

On Thursday, the Chief Minister said that 155 key workers had come into the island without being subject to either testing or quarantine requirements.

You can listen to the full audio online, or this report from Manx Radio: https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/police-investigating-activities-of-key-workers-from-jersey/

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Josem said:

On Thursday, the Chief Minister said that 155 key workers had come into the island without being subject to either testing or quarantine requirements.

You can listen to the full audio online, or this report from Manx Radio: https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/police-investigating-activities-of-key-workers-from-jersey/

Correct, but all were under strict instructions. 

20 minutes ago, Golfer said:

Won’t really matter when we follow Jersey in reopening borders 

You really are a dreamer. Jersey have been idiotic through the pandemic. Guernsey have done very well, like us. I am looking forward to going back to Guernsey in a couple of months for a break. Great place. I have family in Jersey. They can wait a few more months. Borders with Ireland will be open before UK. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cambon said:

You really are a dreamer. Jersey have been idiotic through the pandemic. Guernsey have done very well, like us. I am looking forward to going back to Guernsey in a couple of months for a break. Great place. I have family in Jersey. They can wait a few more months. Borders with Ireland will be open before UK. 

Possibly will, do everyone who wants could just get ferry or plane to U.K. without restrictions.

i would also expect Jersey/ Guernsey to allow ferry between them soon