IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, piebaps said:

Seems pretty clear to me. Do you need a translation into Guernseyish?

• You will be able to go outside for exercise once a day. But we will not limit how long for. But it can only be with people from your household. We would ask you to do your best to avoid any crowded area. And you must wear a face covering.

From 00:01 on Thursday 07 January 2021 wearing a face covering will be mandatory on public transport, and strongly recommended when in public places.

Clear as mud!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, piebaps said:

Seems pretty clear to me. Do you need a translation into Guernseyish?

• You will be able to go outside for exercise once a day. But we will not limit how long for. But it can only be with people from your household. We would ask you to do your best to avoid any crowded area. And you must wear a face covering.

Seems to be contradictory advice here

From 00:01 on Thursday 07 January 2021 wearing a face covering will be mandatory on public transport, and strongly recommended when in public places.

https://covid19.gov.im/general-information/guidance-on-face-masks/

8 minutes ago, Banker said:

Maybe it’s just some GP practices ? If there’s such a massive concern over 12 cases surely all face to face should stop or is the lockdown OTT?

The issue is, with no measures in place, that 12 quickly becomes almost 48. R was 4 in the UK before lockdown.

Lockdowns with schools shut quickly bring it below 1, the infection can't sustain itself, and 3 weeks should be long enough that it can't take root in the community, if it's nipped in the bud now.

Otherwise you need months of protracted lockdowns whilst it slowly fizzles away.

Just now, AcousticallyChallenged said:

The issue is, with no measures in place, that 12 quickly becomes almost 48. R was 4 in the UK before lockdown.

Lockdowns with schools shut quickly bring it below 1, the infection can't sustain itself, and 3 weeks should be long enough that it can't take root in the community, if it's nipped in the bud now.

Otherwise you need months of protracted lockdowns whilst it slowly fizzles away.

Absolutely. I am fairly convinced (which admittedly is based on sniff-test) that a long, drawn-out semi-lockdown is far worse than a short sharp one.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, piebaps said:

Well, I guess we'll need to see the actual law when its published. I know I'll be wearing a face covering as opposed to a fortnight in jetski mansion.

The whole section about when to wear a mask carries more weight (in my mind anyway) than that single addendum in the general statement. Wear one in public places, but if you are off piste far from anyone else, just have one ready to put on for that chance encounter with another human. Common sense.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, madmanxpilot said:

The whole section about when to wear a mask carries more weight (in my mind anyway) than that single addendum in the general statement. Wear one in public places, but if you are off piste far from anyone else, just have one ready to put on for that chance encounter with another human. Common sense.

General rules in other countries I experienced earlier this year was:

Indoors with other people? Mask.

Outdoors in busier places? Mask.

• Like 3