IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Just now, jaymann said:

General rules in other countries I experienced earlier this year was:

Indoors with other people? Mask.

Outdoors in busier places? Mask.

In situations like this there's always going to be a bit of interpretation needed in order to follow the spirit of the law, if not the letter. The law and the Government move slowly, developing situations do not.

In short, just use your head. Wear a mask if you're going to be sharing air with other people, and if in any doubt whatsoever over whether or not you will share air with other people. Simple innit?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

I think one benefit the island has now, is that most of us know the value in sticking to the rules for the sake of a short time will enable us to have freedoms that can go again in an instant.

That and little Doris writing down every car's number at the end of the road, just in case you know.

Most yeah, but not the horrible group of covid denying knobs headed up by one of the forums' own (at least previously, seems to have disappeared from the forum for now)...

26 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Where’s that? Don’t think it’ll do them any favours. 

Spoken truly from the mouth (keys) of a government employee who will be fine e with his guaranteed pay and pension.

Not as one of those who is truly done over by a lockdown (as previously mentioned I agree with a short lockdown, but it will leave me skint in a way no government emlooyee will ever understand)

Edited by horatiotheturd

5 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

I think one benefit the island has now, is that most of us know the value in sticking to the rules for the sake of a short time will enable us to have freedoms that can go again in an instant.

That and little Doris writing down every car's number at the end of the road, just in case you know.

Little Doris is playing her part.

Remember: every window is an eye, as the old saying goes.

Edited by Barlow

22 minutes ago, piebaps said:

It didn't really Lightbulb. We were always going to see it back. Even if we get rid of it again, it'll be back.

We could have kept it out longer had we been more rigorous with implementing the conditions. But we got slack, started allowing people to bend and question the rules, made exemptions for every Tom, Dick and H. etc etc. The virus didn't get here by itself.

You can still see it now in posts on here in the last 3 hours...."Do I have to do this, do I have to do that?".

IMO, it's less about not understanding and more about, "This bit doesn't apply to me and what can I get away with". 6 months ago it was participation in 5 a side football matches that had to be exempt, wasn't it?

The virus spreads via people associating, the lockdown and its strictures are an attempt to reduce that. It's quite simple,  don't mix, keep your distance and stay at home as much as possible.

The less it's observed and the more that people try to make exemptions for themselves the longer the lockdown will be. The virus doesn't care.

Edited by Non-Believer
extra bit
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

Seems to be contradictory advice here

From 00:01 on Thursday 07 January 2021 wearing a face covering will be mandatory on public transport, and strongly recommended when in public places.

https://covid19.gov.im/general-information/guidance-on-face-masks/

Which is what I said earlier but some knobs on here said I was moaning but just looking for clarification 

1 minute ago, HeliX said:

Most yeah, but not the horrible group of covid denying knobs headed up by one of the forums' own (at least previously, seems to have disappeared from the forum for now)...

Unless of course he's operating under another guise, which is highly likely but he always gives it away in the end.

Nearly there... 

• Like 1

Just now, quilp said:

Unless of course he's operating under another guise, which is highly likely but he always gives it away in the end.

Nearly there... 

Not actually that one! At least, I don't think. It's unsurprisingly one of the ones who believes you can't prove the shape of the Earth, except that it's definitely flat.

• Haha 1

A good response to an arising situation. Better speed of action than in the past?

Masks? Wrighty. Yes?

Another week to assess the NYE problem, another 2 weeks to assess the latest problem, if no further problems arise from todays figures, then all is OK, if not, then another 2 weeks required see if all is safe?

Could be 5 week lockdown?

Just now, Kopek said:

A good response to an arising situation. Better speed of action than in the past?

Masks? Wrighty. Yes?

Another week to assess the NYE problem, another 2 weeks to assess the latest problem, if no further problems arise from todays figures, then all is OK, if not, then another 2 weeks required see if all is safe?

Or longer. They need 21 days no cases for confirmation of community eradication.

I suspect it will be end of February.

• Like 3

Just now, Kopek said:

Masks? Wrighty. Yes?

Last time was a month after the last new case. That was two virus lifecycles as the health minister put it.

3 seems optimistic on the back of that.

• Like 1