IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

12 hours ago, x-in-man said:

Stolen from a post on Faceache, but I’m so getting me this t-shirt/face covering.

38250D0E-55B1-4CE1-B590-DBA58DCE73F7.jpeg

F8AE0A51-5B64-44DA-A749-2482DC80F3E0.jpeg

First time I saw a similar impression was chap from the Isle of Man on Britain's Got Talent and part of his act was Homer Simpson?:

1040590980_TR011.thumb.jpg.61e41e44ec2f7396ce734748dc3857a9.jpg

Edited by Barlow

4 hours ago, slinkydevil said:

Do kids have to wear facemasks? My 4 year old won't even keep her bobble hat on at the best of times!

Children aged 5 years and under should not be required to wear face masks. This is based on the safety and overall interest of the child and the capacity to appropriately use a mask with minimal assistance.

• Like 1

Why are people here and all over social media getting in such a twiz about facecoverings?  Checking what one article says against another etc.

Common sense.  Doesnt matter what the guidance specifically says about a certain situation.  Its very clear that people are expected to wear them at all times when out and about.

Anyone who doesn't or who is looking for a getout based on the wording of a particular paragraph (and who doesn't have very good medical reason not to wear one) is a dick. End of.

Just put a mask on like everyone else will be

Edited by horatiotheturd
  • Like 8

There is precisely no science to support the efficacy of face masks, and they are inconvenient, expensive, and uncomfortable. So unless they are mandatory (i.e. the government says I must have one, or the shop says they won't serve me without one on) then I won't wear one. Face masks weren't needed last time and we cleared the island of Covid in a few weeks.

I also won't lie and be one of those arseholes who say they're exempt when they're not. I doubt I'll go shopping much.

I certainly won't wear one to go for a walk when I won't go anywhere near other people.

There, I've said it.

Edited by tetchtyke

Hey @Banker

Remember us being ran out of town for suggesting a testing policy based on a Jersey model but reinforced?

The Howard Quayle & David Ashford fan boys told us we are the Gold Standard Covid Champions & everything they’ve done was just the best. Keep the families out, stop business travel, deprive grieving children of visiting their dying parents bedsides etc etc 

.... and here we are, out of bog roll again.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tetchtyke said:

There is precisely no science to support the efficacy of face masks, and they are inconvenient, expensive, and uncomfortable. So unless they are mandatory (i.e. the government says I must have one, or the shop says they won't serve me without one on) then I won't wear one. Face masks weren't needed last time and we cleared the island of Covid in a few weeks.

I also won't lie and be one of those arseholes who say they're exempt when they're not. I doubt I'll go shopping much.

I certainly won't wear one to go for a walk when I won't go anywhere near other people.

There, I've said it.

Nonsense. Face coverings make a significant difference in how much you spread the virus if you have it, and afford the wearer some protection against receiving it too. It’s an airborne virus. Disrupting that airflow means it’s harder for the virus to end up spewing from you, or spewing into you. 

You can quite readily find evidence showing so. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0048969720350890

This paper suggests at least 17% reduction in infections in the US. 

Suck it up for 3 weeks, the majority of people will to give the island a chance of coming out the other side. 

edit to add: more evidence here if you’d like: 

There’s a literature review on mask studies here if you’re so inclined. https://wmjonline.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/119/4/raymond.pdf

Edited by AcousticallyChallenged
Adding links
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Hey @Banker

Remember us being ran out of town for suggesting a testing policy based on a Jersey model but reinforced?

The Howard Quayle & David Ashford fan boys told us we are the Gold Standard Covid Champions & everything they’ve done was just the best. Keep the families out, stop business travel, deprive grieving children of visiting their dying parents bedsides etc etc 

.... and here we are, out of bog roll again.

Agree entirely.

Stopping people visiting family is and was unnecessary and stupid.

Not testing people on arrival (like we do now, now its too late) was stupid and unforgivable and is why we are where we are now.

Its been handled badly all round but people won't say so because we were "covid free" Ashford got a royal award ffs.

18 minutes ago, tetchtyke said:

There, I've said it.

They have said its highly recommended to wear one when out of your house. Not doing so without very good reason makes you a dick.

Which ones have you tried that are so uncomfortable you cant wear them? I assume you don't ride a motorbike if a piece of cloth near your face is an issue

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

They have said its highly recommended to wear one when out of your house. Not doing so without very good reason makes you a dick.

Which ones have you tried that are so uncomfortable you cant wear them? I assume you don't ride a motorbike if a piece of cloth near your face is an issue

There’s confusion over the face masks policy, the website gives conflicting information.

Theres no need for face masks when exercising on your own and certainly they are impractical for intense exercise like running or cycling & not required for this purpose anywhere in the world.

There’s a post from Facebook where Ashie responded saying not mandatory 

13 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

That's considered a superpower these days.

Which none of our muppets have together with humility and an ability to listen !

The lives in all respects of people on the island are in the hands of people some of who would struggle to obtain a double figure IQ !

This is a prime example of self harm because EGO got in the xxxxxxx way !

• Like 1

This is from government COVID site

You can exercise for as long as like, but you must try to avoid coming in and out of communal areas and wash your hands when possible. It is strongly advised that you wear a face covering, and you cannot exercise with anyone outside of your household.

so face masks advised not mandatory outside