IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

4 minutes ago, Banker said:

This is from government COVID site

You can exercise for as long as like, but you must try to avoid coming in and out of communal areas and wash your hands when possible. It is strongly advised that you wear a face covering, and you cannot exercise with anyone outside of your household.

so face masks advised not mandatory outside 

Yeah.  Advised.  So people should just wear one and not be idiots about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Do I understand it right that if we had 13 day testing in place (as Dr Glover called for months ago) this would not have happened? 

YES THIS (15 Nov 2020):

Sumarised by this (same day):

"Scientist calls for second-week testing for isolating households"

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/scientist-calls-for-second-week-testing-for-isolating-households/

image.png.83111b02ec8de4f560f87ac51ceffb09.png 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Banker said:

Try wearing one whilst cycling quickly and see how long you last , idiot 

Surely that’s where the being sensible comes into play?

The general idea of the next 3 weeks is avoid people. If you can’t avoid people, social distance and wear a face covering as a mutual safety thing. 

If you’re tootling along on your bicycle far away from anyone else, you’re doing the key part of not mixing with other people. Face coverings are a mitigation for circumstances like shopping or crowds.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

YES THIS (15 Nov 2020):

Sumarised by this (same day):

"Scientist calls for second-week testing for isolating households"

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/scientist-calls-for-second-week-testing-for-isolating-households/

image.png.83111b02ec8de4f560f87ac51ceffb09.png 

Seems the only ones who couldn't see it were the ones making the decisions.

Surely with such clear (and obvious, to anyone who isn't stupid) advice there is an element of liability for ignoring it (with no good or justifiable reason) and the situation we now end up in.

Every previous job I have had if my team recommended something and I ignored it and it turned I to bite us on the arse I would have beenhauled over the coals - unless I could show good reason for having looked at the evidence making a judgement call based on the apparent risk vs something like expenditure or if it was something where the negative impact on a process or procedure would have outweighed the potential benefit.

This just screams cock up.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Banker said:

Try wearing one whilst cycling quickly and see how long you last , idiot 

Absolutely no need to wear one if you are removed from other people - ie outside in an un populated area. Wearing them when around others, especially indoors has been proven to be beneficial. That is reflected in the Government guidelines.

13 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

The general idea of the next 3 weeks is avoid people. If you can’t avoid people, social distance and wear a face covering as a mutual safety thing. 

If you’re tootling along on your bicycle far away from anyone else, you’re doing the key part of not mixing with other people. Face coverings are a mitigation for circumstances like shopping or crowds.

Exactly. It sounds like we need a vaccine for stupid too sometimes.

Edited by madmanxpilot
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Exactly, not mandatory as some think but common sense! Obviously will wear in shops etc but not when top of Snaefell!

9 minutes ago, Banker said:

Exactly, not mandatory as some think but common sense! Obviously will wear in shops etc but not when top of Snaefell!

Precisely. Where they're mandatory I will wear one. In shops, too. But out for a walk on my own? No chance. It's about common sense.

As for the evidence, there is none. Correlation isn't causation. They're of no value unless you're a mask retailer, but they don't do much harm so if they make people feel better then so be it. Lots of placebos do.

Edited by tetchtyke
  • Thanks 1

Just now, jaymann said:

This won't be for 3 weeks. 21 days no cases required for local elimination.

Realistically this is going go be a 5-6 week slog at a minimum.

Thanks Ashie for that update, if there’s no spread over next 1/2 weeks I would hope they will review as promised 

2 minutes ago, tetchtyke said:

Precisely. Where they're mandatory I will wear one. In shops, too. But out for a walk on my own? No chance. It's about common sense.

As for the evidence, there is none. Correlation isn't causation. They're of no value unless you're a mask retailer, but they don't do much harm so if they make people feel better then so be it. Lots of placebos do.

I gave you peer reviewed science...

9 minutes ago, jaymann said:

This won't be for 3 weeks. 21 days no cases required for local elimination.

Realistically this is going go be a 5-6 week slog at a minimum.

And longer if people are being dicks about the restrictions and requirements. From Manx Radio, Point 3 seems quite clear?

Screenshot_20210106-090954_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Non-Believer
extra bit

1 minute ago, Non-Believer said:

And longer if people are being dicks about the restrictions and requirements.

Personally I think the lockdown with school closures is ott for 12 cases but let’s see how many by next week.

yes I will be complying with restrictions, won’t impact me monetary wise but a lot will be and the lack of pain for government workers/ Tynwald is wrong 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

And longer if people are being dicks about the restrictions and requirements.

It will depend upon todays and tomorrows results. If all negative (or just odd ones) then we might just get lucky and catch it in time. However I suspect its been spreading since Christmas and I expect there to be more bad news today. If that's the case then I agree 6 weeks to see the whole lifecycle through and away.

Didnt help that all the pubs and restaurants in Douglas were lively last night...cringe!