IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 hours ago, Happier diner said:

It will depend upon todays and tomorrows results. If all negative (or just odd ones) then we might just get lucky and catch it in time. However I suspect its been spreading since Christmas and I expect there to be more bad news today. If that's the case then I agree 6 weeks to see the whole lifecycle through and away.

Didnt help that all the pubs and restaurants in Douglas were lively last night...cringe!

All Okell's Brewery pubs were closed.

Which ones were open?

eta:

It was a bit like a Saturday night up our road last night. The usual drunks. Including one with a Scottish accent on the phone (with speaker on full) repeatedly telling a girl "but I fucking love you, I fucking love you". He drawled some and then said it againand again. I did wonder if he managed to wooh her.

Edited by Barlow

5 minutes ago, Banker said:

Is there another briefing today, thought Howie said D Alex was appearing to còver education, hope teachers don't refuse to do zoom etc like last time.

Your hatred of teachers is utterly boring. 

I got a long and detailed email from the little ones school this morning. 

• Like 4

Jist done a quick shop for the essentials (bread, milk and gin) in Port Erin shoprite.

People seem to have adjusted pretty quickly. Everyone using the sanitizer on the way in, social distancing in full flow and about 1/3 using masks which isn't bad given most (myself included) didn't even own one yesterday.

Next to no fresh food in there though. The locusts have cleaned the place out.

6 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Including one with a Scottish accent on the phone (with speaker on full) repeatedly telling a girl "but I fucking love you, I fucking love you". He drawled some and then said it againand again. I did wonder if he managed to wooh her.

Sounds an awful lot like that pesky Jet ski Romeo.............

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Diet is by far the bigger determinant of someone's weight than exercise.  So you're right, obesity is a risk factor for doing badly with covid, but it'd make more sense to introduce rationing than promoting gyms.  Might solve the Tesco battles too.

I doubt an obese person is going lower their risk levels in three weeks at a gym. Or a skinny person become obese because they have to exercise outside or at home rather than a gym.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Your hatred of teachers is utterly boring. 

I got a long and detailed email from the little ones school this morning. 

Obviously your school is better than others , lucky you!! The schools should not be closed for the cases we have anyway 

is there a briefing or not? 

41 minutes ago, Barlow said:

All Okell's Brewery pubs were closed.

Which ones were open?

eta:

It was a bit like a Saturday night up our road last night. The usual drunks. Including one with a Scottish accent on the phone (with speaker on full) repeatedly telling a girl "but I fucking love you, I fucking love you". He drawled some and then said it againand again. I did wonder if he managed to wooh her.

Just Pizza, Barbary Coast?

46 minutes ago, Banker said:

Obviously your school is better than others , lucky you!! The schools should not be closed for the cases we have anyway 

is there a briefing or not? 

Schools are still open today, teachers are still teaching so the info will come out later today.

The schools should be closed if workplaces are closed. It is clear (and always has been for sensible people) that schools are a massive "vector of transmission" for all illnesses. At the moment the cluster of cases have yet to emerge but it's odds on that there are going to be numerous cases from the Truth Bar. 

I understand that you're probably a little annoyed and frustrated by it all, as are most of us. But right now if your kid(s) were at school they would only be putting you at risk. School attendance by other people's kids might put your elderly parents at risk should they catch it when shopping because the till assistant caught it off their kid or the person in the queue in front who got it from their kid couldn't be bothered wearing a mask because it's their right not to. So please look a little bit further down the road than today and realise that for once the Government are showing some foresight.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

I have and many people do on the Island already. A lot of people cycling at the moment are using snoods to cover their mouths and nose or other similar face coverings because it's freezing. Now there is a simple trick to successfully wearing one whilst exercising - you have to keep breathing.

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/myth-busters

I will be following this advice re masks and exercise (scroll down the page a bit). I will also deliberately go somewhere quiet, and if I do happen to see anyone, I will keep my distance. I will absolutely be wearing one in any crowded setting/shops etc.

Just now, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Schools are still open today, teachers are still teaching so the info will come out later today.

The schools should be closed if workplaces are closed. It is clear (and always has been for sensible people) that schools are a massive "vector of transmission" for all illnesses. At the moment the cluster of cases have yet to emerge but it's odds on that there are going to be numerous cases from the Truth Bar. 

I understand that you're probably a little annoyed and frustrated by it all, as are most of us. But right now if your kid(s) were at school they would only be putting you at risk. School attendance by other people's kids might put your elderly parents at risk should they catch it when shopping because the till assistant caught it off their kid or the person in the queue in front who got it from their kid couldn't be bothered wearing a mask because it's their right not to. So please look a little bit further down the road than today and realise that for once the Government are showing some foresight.

Ok but didn’t have enough foresight to test arrivals and day 13 as suggested by many, Ashie could lose seat in election 

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Is there another briefing today, thought Howie said D Alex was appearing to còver education, hope teachers don't refuse to do zoom etc like last time.

Teachers didn't "refuse" to "do zoom" last time. Schools decided not to due to security concerns.

Of course, it was obvious all along.  It's been 'fishing' that has jeopardised mankind- forget CV.

I don't know what additional protein the Chinese built into CV but it has created pandemic world-wide insanity.  The ability to rationalise the massive harm to society has vanished.

3 hours ago, Banker said:

Whilst Howie said health care will continue as normal it’s not, doctors cancelling appointments, patients told not to come to hospital clinics, eye & renal etc

Aren't electives cancelled?