IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Just now, Happier diner said:

The masks are not required until tomorrow and they will be finishing work today

You're right of course but did anyone tell the virus?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Banker said:

Also exercise if isolating after day 7 tests so that’s an easing of restrictions but have to wear masks.

glad he clarified masks wearing, not compulsory and recognized that not suitable for some forms of exercise 

Still be a dick if not wearing one anywhere near other people though 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Genuine question though it may seem a stupid one... can you take a learner driver out during lockdown? 

As things currently sit then yes I think you probably would be able to, particularly with it being in a quiet area, unlikely to cause an accident or disturb anyone. People seem to be firing questions and getting clarification directly from Mr Ashford so perhaps it’s worth sending him an email?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

Look position clarified and it’s now upto individuals so leave it at that 

Only because they can't implement it in law so quickly so they are relying on people to use common sense and do their bit for the community.  They have been very clear that people should wear if able.

Shame so many are going to be tools about it

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

As things currently sit then yes I think you probably would be able to, particularly with it being in a quiet area, unlikely to cause an accident or disturb anyone. People seem to be firing questions and getting clarification directly from Mr Ashford so perhaps it’s worth sending him an email?

“You cannot gather with anyone outside your own household“ seems pretty cut and dry? Unless the learner lives with you, it’s a clear no. 

Edited by manxst

I wonder why folk can't ease back on their exercise so that they can wear a mask or if they are too selfish then maybe just exercise in isolation somewhere.  I've never understood the fetish with extreme exercise. Just moderate exercise and useful, physical work have stood me in good stead for 74+ years so far.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, manxst said:

“You cannot gather with anyone outside your own household“ seems pretty cut and dry? Unless the learner lives with you, it’s a clear no. 

Yet you can still gather at your place of work so long as you wear a mask and adhere to 2M.

2 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Banker

Banker

Stop being a dick like the turd man, the position is clarified by Howie and we don’t need mask police on patrol ffs

what difference it will make to unfit losers whether I or others exercise in country without face masks I’m not sure

Edited by Banker
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Still be a dick if not wearing one anywhere near other people though

Just to reiterate the WHO facts on masks & exercise: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/myth-busters (scroll down).

I have my masks for shops, general public etc. but when running I will have one in case I need it - but will be trying to go places where I am unlikely to meet people, or can easily keep my distance. It's just a bit of common sense that's needed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1