IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

16 minutes ago, Banker said:

Look position clarified and it’s now upto individuals so leave it at that 

I work off Strand Street and have walk up and down regularly 2 or 3 times a week for a good 20 years or more.

So, today was the first time I ever saw someone jogging down the street (no mask, exhaling heavily etc).

Wasn't you was it Banksie?

15 minutes ago, manxst said:

“You cannot gather with anyone outside your own household“ seems pretty cut and dry? Unless the learner lives with you, it’s a clear no. 

Make the text as large as you like but I still didn’t see Stinky suggest it was someone outside their household because as you’ve kindly pointed out that much is obvious.

Last lockdown learners were told not to go out regardless of whether they lived in the same household or not.

4 minutes ago, Barlow said:

I work off Strand Street and have walk up and down regularly 2 or 3 times a week for a good 20 years or more.

So, today was the first time I ever saw someone jogging down the street (no mask, exhaling heavily etc).

Wasn't you was it Banksie?

Not me , more of a hill walker so won’t be wearing up barrule or walking from Psm to cregneash 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Make the text as large as you like but I still didn’t see Stinky suggest it was someone outside their household because as you’ve kindly pointed out that much is obvious.

Last lockdown learners were told not to go out regardless of whether they lived in the same household or not.

I didn’t make the text any size- it was a copy and paste from the government website. If it’s someone within your own household bubble, then it makes no odds whether you’re going for a learning driving lesson, a hike, shopping or anything else. We’re not under a curfew, and are allowed outside. Just no mingling. As I said, it’s not hard to understand. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, jaymann said:

Yet you can still gather at your place of work so long as you wear a mask and adhere to 2M.

If that work is deemed essential, then yes, obviously. I’m sure there are several employments whereby the 2m distancing won’t apply either. If it’s not essential, then rightfully, you should be at home. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

I wonder why folk can't ease back on their exercise so that they can wear a mask or if they are too selfish then maybe just exercise in isolation somewhere.  I've never understood the fetish with extreme exercise. Just moderate exercise and useful, physical work have stood me in good stead for 74+ years so far.

Is it because we live in a free society?

I don't think sebastian Coe broke world records by exercising moderately 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, manxst said:

If that work is deemed essential, then yes, obviously. I’m sure there are several employments whereby the 2m distancing won’t apply either. If it’s not essential, then rightfully, you should be at home. 

With regards to office workers, it's a matter of "you should work from home if you are able to".

Many offices will still have some staff in the comings weeks and they can be together inside so long as they adhere to the 2M and face mask rule.

May as well employ the family as cleaners. Commercial cleaners are exempt.

42 minutes ago, WTF said:

BnQ signage claims it is a legal requirement to wear a mask in their store,  liars.

Was there today and noticed that. Customer bloke outside the door was dithering whether to go In or not. Apparently home made masks are ok whether they’d made out of cloth or paper. He probably should had taken a sheet or two of paper towelling to wipe trolleys around his face and gone in. 

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Also exercise if isolating after day 7 tests so that’s an easing of restrictions but have to wear masks.

glad he clarified masks wearing, not compulsory and recognized that not suitable for some forms of exercise 

That is one of the things I think is ridiculous. If what they are saying is that these two index cases did not develope symptoms until after 14 days (I have my doubts), why would you want them in the community after 7 days, or even 14?

The other worrying point was that Ashford said that the vaccinators are getting six doses out of each vile, instead of the recommended five. Are they really, or are they cutting back on the doses?