IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

44 minutes ago, Banker said:

Has anyone tried the community support line for COVID it just rings out constantly?

wanting advice on what I can do for vulnerable people and also have some friends in isolation needing various supplies 

Community-based shopping runs have already started, organised by folks like Ramsey Rugby club and so on.

Dropping off supplies etc. is fine for those who can't, the usual caveats apply. As Howard said in his press conference with regards to children 'don't pop in for a cup of tea'.

• Like 1

Just now, TheTeapot said:

Someone on twitter, so it might not be true, says that you can sit and eat inside McDonalds. What kind of lockdown are we having here?

Half a lockdown?

Same syndrome as "I'm not wearing a mask 'cos it doesn't apply to me". It's all about "my rights".

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

There will be a U-turn on construction. The same as last time. It's a sector with a powerful voice in the corridors of Tynwald.

Any industry that so easily convinces a Minister (Tim Baker MHK) that all construction and civil engineering projects inevitably go over budget and over programme is as good as running Tynwald 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Any industry that so easily convinces a Minister (Tim Baker MHK) that all construction and civil engineering projects inevitably go over budget and over programme is as good as running Tynwald 

I see no reason why the promenade work could not continue in at least some form, some of the decisions seem draconian to say the least 

Just now, Banker said:

I see no reason why the promenade work could not continue in at least some form, some of the decisions seem draconian to say the least 

Indeed. But the contractor has been presented yet another opportunity to charge more and take longer.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Can't disagree with that but was really referring to the private sector construction lot.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I’m currently shielding but luckily for me I’m still working my way through the Christmas deep freeze. I have a son but I don’t want him to help me this time  I’d rather he helped himself. At some point I’m going to have to ask for help. It’s not in my nature. There will be many others like me. So, your sentiments are very much appreciated. 

Yes we are shielding because of my lungs but we kept a stock in since last time and the local shop and Tesco with the Creameries supply all we need. The vehicles are full and the coal and wood bunkers got plenty in so we are just grateful for what we have got and send all our good thoughts to those who are helping folk who need help. My six monthly hospital check will no doubt be on hold for now.

All the best Roxanne, hope it works out well for you and yours.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Someone on twitter, so it might not be true, says that you can sit and eat inside McDonalds. What kind of lockdown are we having here?

• All hospitality venues will have to close as soon as possible but no later than one minute past midnight Wednesday night to Thursday morning. This includes all licenced premises, all cafes, restaurants, bars, pubs and clubs. The only exception to this will be for take away or delivery of food and alcohol only.  No eating in.
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, piebaps said:
  • All hospitality venues will have to close as soon as possible but no later than one minute past midnight Wednesday night to Thursday morning. This includes all licenced premises, all cafes, restaurants, bars, pubs and clubs. The only exception to this will be for take away or delivery of food and alcohol only.  No eating in.

Quite. It's the manx radio lady who said it over there if anyone wants to check.

• Like 1

Just now, Nom de plume said:

Jersey taking another gamble.

Opening all schools up to all age groups Monday 11th January.

Seems odd given exam cancellations & a tad risky.

Definitely a gamble. Their cases are clearly dropping, but that seems premature. Good luck to them, their leadership must have tougher skin (and bigger balls?) than ours!

12 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Definitely a gamble. Their cases are clearly dropping, but that seems premature. Good luck to them, their leadership must have tougher skin (and bigger balls?) than ours!

Still hot 300+ Infections but they are rapidly rolling out vaccine c4000 by now.

I personally think schools closing for our modest infections even if they double or triple is not required