IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

12 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Just seen that on Facebook.

Can't see that it achieves anything other than whiping people into a frenzy of curtain twitching and grassing to be honest.

Would need to be something really severe to justifybarrest as far as I am concerned.  Surely a bit of common sense and a warning goes a long way.

Will be interested if the details ever come out (they will, they love to be seen to be doing something)

Maybe they have previous form from lockdown 1.0, and they're not going to humour the "usual suspects" during lockdown 2.0? Probably the best bet (imo) regarding what's gone on.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Impossible to say without details.

My mate works in peoples houses.  He has a client currently with a half finished job desperate to move into their house and currently renting until end January.

The house is HUGE.  People could easily be working in there and not seeing each other and avoiding being left skint, claiming benefits and taking grief from clients.

Common sense saysbhebshoukd be there working which is far less risknto anyone than the police rocking up and arresting him.

Over the top regulations with no common sense allowed saybhebhas to sit at home, his client is grumpy and he won't be getting paid as expected.

Its stupid in the extreme that he xmcant do his work in an empty house but Doris can go to Kirby garden centre to buy some weed killer.

I'm afraid Horatio, this is what our testing strategy (or lack of it) has left us with.

Take it up with Mr. Quayle or the MBE, better still the experts they employ to give them guidance. What we are having to be put through for the next (God knows how many weeks) is down to stubbornness & catastrophic failings on your behalf by CoMin.

Vote wisely later this year. 

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 2

Just now, Nom de plume said:

I'm afraid Horatio, this is what our testing strategy (or lack of it) has left us with.

Take it up with Mr. Quayle or the MBE, better still the experts they employ to give them guidance. 

If I wanted advice I'd rather ask the expert they don't employ !!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

My mate works in peoples houses.  He has a client currently with a half finished job desperate to move into their house and currently renting until end January.

The house is HUGE.  People could easily be working in there and not seeing each other and avoiding being left skint, claiming benefits and taking grief from clients.

He might be OK under the exemption for emergency work on the basis that the client has to move in by a particular date, especially if it's about services being provided rather than work being done that could be done with the client in situ.  Best check what the regulations actually say though.

Just driven through Onchan and say masks 50/50 with those not wearing couples holding hands and taking up all pavement!!

called for petrol at corkills, everyone had masks on except one old boy and when challenged by another customer he said none of your business and went right up close to him. Noticed that the old boy came upto other guys car on forecourt to argue but he sensibly drove off. 
so unless it’s mandatory these arguments will increase 

38 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Just seen that on Facebook.

Can't see that it achieves anything other than whiping people into a frenzy of curtain twitching and grassing to be honest.

Would need to be something really severe to justifybarrest as far as I am concerned.  Surely a bit of common sense and a warning goes a long way.

Will be interested if the details ever come out (they will, they love to be seen to be doing something)

The police or at least their social media operators were a national disgrace during Lockdown 1, seems they mean to continue that approach in Lockdown 2.

We need calm stoicism at the moment from those in authority not a Trumpesque fanning of the flames populist anger.

Edited by Declan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Banker said:

Just driven through Onchan and say masks 50/50 with those not wearing couples holding hands and taking up all pavement!!

called for petrol at corkills, everyone had masks on except one old boy and when challenged by another customer he said none of your business and went right up close to him. Noticed that the old boy came upto other guys car on forecourt to argue but he sensibly drove off. 

Nah - it's busy bodies in need of the thriil of power that cause these situations.

There are plenty of legitimate reasons not to wear a mask. It is pretty unreasonable for an asthmatic to have to justify not wearing on to every passer by with a cob on.

1 minute ago, horatiotheturd said:

Getting at least a day one a day.  Given there is hardly anyone coming back shows how truly insane it was not to be tested everyone months ago

Current uk prevalence is about 2%. Months ago it was a lot less, so back then a day 1 test would not have picked up many at all. 

Just now, Banker said:

One new case out of 390 tests which was a day one arrival hardly the massive community spread we were told was going to happen to justify lockdown.

if these low numbers continue I hope he will reconsider and review decisions early 

That’s good isn’t it?

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Banker said:

called for petrol at corkills, everyone had masks on except one old boy and when challenged by another customer he said none of your business and went right up close to him. Noticed that the old boy came upto other guys car on forecourt to argue but he sensibly drove off. 

That’s what happens when you have interfering busy bodies, the only person who should be challenging that old boy is the staff within the store, it could well be he has a medical reason or perhaps he just doesn’t want to.

• Like 2