IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

43 minutes ago, wrighty said:

You’re meant to cook ‘em

The flavour and texture of most half-baked rolls can be improved by not just "sprinkling" with water but actually running them swiftly under the tap, give them a good shake then apply a smattering of salt, both sides. Cook at a lower temp for longer. It may say 200 for 8-10mins, do 180 for 12-14.

Honest.

Edited by quilp
Time
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, quilp said:

The flavour and texture of most half-baked rolls can be improved by not just "sprinkling" with water but actually running them swiftly under the tap, give them a good shake then apply a smattering of salt, both sides. Cook at a lower temp for longer. It may say 200 for 8-10mins, do 180 for 12.

Honest.

I don’t do the salt bit, but I do put them under running water and it makes a huge different.

• Thanks 1

Slice them 4 times across the top 1/3 of the way through, add half a clove of garlic, spread butter across the top and sprinkle with dried basil before they're put in t'oven.

This has absolutely nowt to do with Covid restrictions, I know. Apologies for the tasty derail...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, quilp said:

Slice them 4 times across the top 1/3 of the way through, add half a clove of garlic, spread butter across the top and sprinkle with dried basil before they're put in t'oven.

This has absolutely nowt to do with Covid restrictions, I know. Apologies for the tasty derail...

The conversation was getting stale anyway..............

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, 2bees said:

Jesus wept, we’re reduced to half baked bread recipes :) love youse guys x happy lockdown y’all! 

You used to be one of us guys. Pray tell, what takes up for your amusement these days young lady?

• Like 1

At what point do you believe we will be allowed to start travelling off Island again, by that I mean freely without the need for lengthy (+7 day) isolation periods?

When all over 50’s have been vaccinated?

Or will our leaders spin this out through the summer until the elections?

3 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

At what point do you believe we will be allowed to start travelling off Island again, by that I mean freely without the need for lengthy (+7 day) isolation periods?

Who knows, if all priority groups are vaccinated there should be no bar to travel but we live in an island where freedom is tightly controlled .

Also the only place I know that doesn’t allow support bubbles for people living on their own, the leaders have their families with them so it’s all ok

Edited by Banker

5 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

I'll wager on just in time for Christmas this year.

I think they will enable and encourage bubbles to certain countries like the Guernsey one, if there's other safe places to go, over the summer.

But I'm expecting nothing remotely sensible till Christmas. Or at least until after the election.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

I don't want to sound like a doom monger but some politicians in the UK have said that restrictions may continue to next winter. 

it is a valid question and one that should be asked at the press conferences (I don't watch them so it may well have been asked to be fair)

4 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

I don't want to sound like a doom monger but some politicians in the UK have said that restrictions may continue to next winter. 

it is a valid question and one that should be asked at the press conferences (I don't watch them so it may well have been asked to be fair)

A week is a long time in politics - even longer when it comes to the politics of covid.  Making predictions is a way to guarantee getting things wrong.

But I don't mind being wrong.  Best guess for me is that with an acceleration of the vaccination program which will happen in the UK and here, and with decreasing numbers in the UK which will naturally happen due to their lockdown, and warmer weather, we'll see some relaxation by Easter and in summer we'll be good to go.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Nom de plume said:

The test for that freedom is still when the prevalence in UK and Ireland is at or below  1:5,000 or 20:100,000. The latest UK figures are 59:5,000 it 1117:100,000. Long way to go.

6 minutes ago, wrighty said:

A week is a long time in politics - even longer when it comes to the politics of covid.  Making predictions is a way to guarantee getting things wrong.

But I don't mind being wrong.  Best guess for me is that with an acceleration of the vaccination program which will happen in the UK and here, and with decreasing numbers in the UK which will naturally happen due to their lockdown, and warmer weather, we'll see some relaxation by Easter and in summer we'll be good to go.

If the UK keeps recording in excess of 60,000 cases per day (that they actually know about through testing - possibly three times that figure) coupled with a coherent vaccination programme we’ll be all done by February! No joke .......

• Like 1