IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

52 minutes ago, Banker said:

Same around here plus a few of our teacher friends off for cycle ride on full pay, they were in yesterday so maybe it's alternate days instead of nothing like last time!

Like last time, many younger teachers are in school keeping it open for keyworkers children. Remote learning is being employed (at least in the secondary schools that I have knowledge of) via video calls and online teaching platforms.

But I suppose we had been too many pages without you having a whinge about a teacher.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Facebook is full of 

"Is b and q open"

"Can anyone recommend a chimney sweep asap"

"Anyone got any pallets i can collect"

Whats the point in some of us taking this seriously and being seriously out of pocket when others (government staff) are just using it as three weeks paid holidays to get all their jobs done again.

B&Q shouldn't be open, takeaways shouldn't be open, people shouldn't be nipping out for jollies.

Do it properly, as in close everything but absolute essentials or don't bother at all.

Why is a cafe in the middle of nowhere able to still make money but a pub in town that doesn't do food can't, and an electrician can't even go an wire an empty house.

Bonkers, especially if it turns out three weeks is totally over the top and we don't see any cases or illness.

Just bringing financial hardship to certain sectors for no real good reason.

• Like 3

It’s the same old buggers who think Howie & Ashie are great, keep the borders closed who are continuing with their daily drives with dogs to barrule, peel, Ramsey etc.

The rest are stuck at home with kids because someone thought it’s a good idea in case we get 1/3 community cases

what happened to the great plan they set out? None of this shit should be happening without a lot more cases

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Same around here plus a few of our teacher friends off for cycle ride on full pay, they were in yesterday so maybe it's alternate days instead of nothing like last time!

Surely every time a salaried employee goes for a bike ride/to the shop/to the toilet it is on full pay?  Maybe they fancied a bit of fresh air during daylight whilst non-contact with kids, I don’t think most reasonable people would have a problem with that.  A bit like working on Athol Street (private sector where everyone works super hard and is highly productive due to the constant threat of dismissal) and nipping out for a fag three times a day?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Annoymouse said:

Wonder when the article was written? clearly states it was before the new positive cases/lockdown, such a shame they didn’t take charge a few weeks earlier and avoid this lock down.

"Dr Glover spoke to Gef after the announcement of new cases of Covid on New Year’s Eve but before the second lockdown and further cases were announced".  Probably over the weekend as it doesn't mention the Ramsey case.  Sam Turton works for IOM Newspapers, so it's interesting that this was published on Gef rather than there.

Edited by Roger Mexico
Typo

10 minutes ago, Meoir Shee said:

Surely every time a salaried employee goes for a bike ride/to the shop/to the toilet it is on full pay?  Maybe they fancied a bit of fresh air during daylight whilst non-contact with kids, I don’t think most reasonable people would have a problem with that.  A bit like working on Athol Street (private sector where everyone works super hard and is highly productive due to the constant threat of dismissal) and nipping out for a fag three times a day?

Look  taking the car out with bikes at 10.30 for 3/4 hours doesn’t constitute a quick bit of fresh air when they are supposed to be doing online teaching, my arse!!

Nor is it staying at home to stay safe! Yes it may be having a go but when lots are being deprived of income or stuck home schooling it’s galling to see the teachers & others on full pay treating as extra holidays after their 2 weeks holiday 

Edited by Banker

1 minute ago, Banker said:

Look  taking the car out with bikes at 10.30 for 3/4 hours doesn’t constitute a quick bit of fresh air when they are supposed to be doing online teaching, my arse!!

Does sitting tracking the movements of teachers count as work?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Kill the elderly. Bastards.

24 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Bit extreme, but shouldn't be ruled out entirely.

Reminds me of a letter in the "Wipers Times" (Ypres during WW1) published as a leaflet for the troops , in the letters column the question was posed " Is it ever permissible to shoot a commanding officer?" the response ......... "Only in extenuating circumstances" :flowers:.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Banker said:

Nor is it staying at home to stay safe! Yes it may be having a go but when lots are being deprived of income or stuck home schooling it’s galling to see the teachers & others on full pay treating as extra holidays after their 2 weeks holiday 

I reckon it is possible that you could push on and be even more of a twat. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Still waiting for some questions to be answered:

Why have our border closure regulations had more holes than a Swiss cheese ?

Why have new residents been allowed into the Island during lockdown ?

Why have house sales and new occupancies to new residents rocketed during lockdown ?

Did Tynwald have any input into the Emergency Powers and lockdown regulations ?

Who drew them up and who's enforcing them ?

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Still waiting for some questions to be answered:

Why have our border closure regulations had more holes than a Swiss cheese ?

Why have new residents been allowed into the Island during lockdown ?

Why have house sales and new occupancies to new residents rocketed during lockdown ?

Did Tynwald have any input into the Emergency Powers and lockdown regulations ?

Who drew them up and who's enforcing them ?

Well 700 new residents arrived putting up house prices for locals, no record of ages, any employment was kept so strong suggestions are that they are mostly retired and will be more drain on health services. This loophole was closed 23/12

Tynwald have had no input to regulations and left to provide police to enforce with directions from cabinet office 

23 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

"Dr Glover spoke to Gef after the announcement of new cases of Covid on New Year’s Eve but before the second lockdown and further cases were announced".  Probably over the weekend as it doesn't mention the Ramsey case.  Sam Turton works for IOM Newspapers, so it's interesting that this was published on Gef rather than there.

He's left IOM Newspapers for Gef I believe. Which is why he is publishing articles for them and asking the questions at the briefings on their behalf.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Banker said:

Well 700 new residents arrived putting up house prices for locals, no record of ages, any employment was kept so strong suggestions are that they are mostly retired and will be more drain on health services. This loophole was closed 23/12

Tynwald have had no input to regulations and left to provide police to enforce with directions from cabinet office 

Tynwald will get their say on the regulations on 19th January. The Public Health Regulations (no longer emergency provisions) are, unusually for secondary legislation, amendable.

5 minutes ago, Banker said:

This will only be a temporary closure though, I can see a further influx once the current restrictions are relaxed.

• Thanks 1