IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Isle of Man TV Paul Moulton interview with Speaker of the House of Keys Juan Watterson.

"..the people of the Isle of Man know the prize that can be won". It's a good point.

We all want to get back to that normal we all enjoyed up to just  a few days ago,

1 minute ago, the stinking enigma said:

Is there an update today? I'm half expecting it to be syndicated to iom newspapers, where there will be a teaser of an update but you'll have to buy the indy to find out when

4pm with Alf telling the workers out of a job they can claim £200 per week or whatever it is

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Banker said:

See the police have posted a message asking people to stop posting photos of people with huge overfilled shopping trolleys following one posted of an individual with a trolley full of bread!’

Is that really a police matter. Its not their normal bread and butter. Maybe they are just loafing around...spreading rumours..stopping people earning an honest crust......Stop me please

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Max Power said:

This will only be a temporary closure though, I can see a further influx once the current restrictions are relaxed.

And it's at that point there'll be a significant housing issue. There's going to be a big divide of available and affordable properties between the different housing sectors.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Is that really a police matter. Its not their normal bread and butter. Maybe they are just loafing around...spreading rumours..stopping people earning an honest crust......Stop me please

Maybe they just like feeding the birds?

19 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

He's left IOM Newspapers for Gef I believe. Which is why he is publishing articles for them and asking the questions at the briefings on their behalf.

That explains it - though his LinkedIn still says IOM Newspapers.  Presumably it sounds better that saying you work for a PR company named after an imaginary 1930s herpestid.

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, HeliX said:

If only they'd had your unsubstantiated bollocks guesswork crystal ball in advance eh?

They should have done what Brisbane have done.  Immediate lockdown when they found the first case for a few days to get an idea whats going on.

Also should have tested people on return, but Howard is in the process of blagging that one as I type

• Like 4