IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

55 minutes ago, Banker said:

Look  taking the car out with bikes at 10.30 for 3/4 hours doesn’t constitute a quick bit of fresh air when they are supposed to be doing online teaching, my arse!!

Nor is it staying at home to stay safe! Yes it may be having a go but when lots are being deprived of income or stuck home schooling it’s galling to see the teachers & others on full pay treating as extra holidays after their 2 weeks holiday 

If it matters to you that much, maybe contact their employer or the police instead of constantly whining on here?  You seem to have a detailed log of their movements, perfectly normal behaviour.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

They should have done what Brisbane have done.  Immediate lockdown when they found the first case for a few days to get an idea whats going on.

Also should have tested people on return, but Howard is in the process of blagging that one as I type

Yep, cost of paying people to stay at home, loss to economy etc must surely outweigh the costs of extra testing.

Also . . plus what price can you put on freedom?

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 2

The new UK daily infection and death figures just released fully vindicate the lockdown. 68,000 infections and a new record of 1325 deaths. Anybody want to see that here?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Non-Believer said:

The new UK daily infection and death figures just released fully vindicate the lockdown. 68,000 infections and a new record of 1325 deaths. Anybody want to see that here?

How does that in anyway at all justify a lockdown here?

It doesn't even justify level 5 on the borders if you isolate and test people properly

• Like 3

Someone in Treasury who can use a calculator needs to assess the cost of a lockdown. Even a ball park figure.

Then carry out a similar assessment of cost of extra testing, restrictions, tightening up of borders, plus the non-tangible costs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

It doesn't even justify level 5 on the borders if you isolate and test people properly

Which we don't and haven't been. So where's the option? This is spreading like wildfire across the UK. If it's here, it will do the same if allowed.

London's hospitals are now 35% up on covid cases compared to last April. How could we cope if it got out of hand here?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Banker said:

They should have waited as was set out in their very detailed expensive plan!! Still on website!

Er, they did! First case was Reported on 29th Dec. Nearly a week later, what was Originally thought to be spread was reported. Government locked down as a precaution. S of far so good. Only one new case through spread. 

1 minute ago, Non-Believer said:

Which we don't and haven't been. So where's the option? This is spreading like wildfire across the UK. If it's here, it will do the same if allowed.

London's hospitals are now 35% up on covid cases compared to last April. How could we cope if it got out of hand here?

Disagree.

If we don't see a community spread in a few days we should open back up (I know that won't happen) and go straight to 3 on the borders with the new testing regime for everyone coming in.

• Like 1

Just now, Cambon said:

Er, they did! First case was Reported on 29th Dec. Nearly a week later, what was Originally thought to be spread was reported. Government locked down as a precaution. S of far so good. Only one new case through spread. 

The published plan had figures that would initiate specific responses from government.

They ignored it and overreacted 

• Like 3

Just now, horatiotheturd said:

Disagree.

If we don't see a community spread in a few days we should open back up (I know that won't happen) and go straight to 3 on the borders with the new testing regime for everyone coming in.

Agreed. But let's get those days out of the way. It's the time required for the virus to incubate, manifest itself and then die off that is critical.

• Like 1

What happens when it turns out there isn't really any community spread? When in another month or so it happens again? Just another short 'circuit break' again? I know it's a concerning time and they might have done the right thing, but it'll make it harder to get people to comply in future. Something about boys, crying and wolves.

I'm properly cross about this lockdown by the way, even though I get it.

• Like 4