IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

6 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Should be level 6, medical reasons and leaving only.

Why?  What possible justification is there for keeping people from their loved ones if they are prepared to isolate and test?

Thousand of people have travelled since this kicked off (possibly tens of thousands) and the only issue has been a result of insufficient testing which has now been rectified.

Where exactly is the risk?

4 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

What about leaving massive gaping holes in the ultimate defence for 'welders' or 'roofers' or 'twats'.

Is that why we have so many cases?

Yiu are being a bit silly now.  Level 3 and testing is no issue (I would actually open up fully with testing and isolation as I think it would be great for the economy)

54 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I know that, it says it in my post. What happens next time the testing strategy fails because people won't stop travelling and they don't test enough? All the sensible people who've decided that travelling in a global fucking pandemic is stupid and decided to stay on island for the duration just get fucked over again?

Your previous post wasn't clear.

I take it you are annoyed at the lockdown because if there had been a stricter regime  operating there wouldn't have been a need for a second lockdown.

Considering the global situation* and especially considering the situation** in the 'adjacent isles' then it does look like the powers that be on the Island have taken their eye off the ball. Hopefully the lessons are being learned now (for once that phrase can be forgiven as being genuine).

* a shitstorm

** a fucking nearer shitstorm

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Is that why we have so many cases?

Yiu are being a bit silly now.  Level 3 and testing is no issue (I would actually open up fully with testing and isolation as I think it would be great for the economy)

Well, I wouldn't describe us as having 'so many', but they're all to do with travel.

The government have just proved to us all what we already knew, their travel and testing policy was not and is not strong enough.

The more you travelling the higher the risk, the higher the risk the worse the results. Fucking lockdown ffs. 

2 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Well, I wouldn't describe us as having 'so many', but they're all to do with travel.

The government have just proved to us all what we already knew, their travel and testing policy was not and is not strong enough.

The more you travelling the higher the risk, the higher the risk the worse the results. Fucking lockdown ffs. 

Rubbish.

The policy wasn't good enough, now it is.  There is no reason to be stopping travel with the right measures in place.  None at all

1 minute ago, horatiotheturd said:

Rubbish.

The policy wasn't good enough, now it is.  There is no reason to be stopping travel with the right measures in place.  None at all

What's rubbish? Everything I said in that post is entirely correct.

6 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Your previous post wasn't clear.

I take it you are annoyed at the lockdown because if there had been a stricter regime  operating there wouldn't have been a need for a second lockdown.

Considering the global situation* and especially considering the situation** in the 'adjacent isles' then it does look like the powers that be on the Island have taken their eye off the ball. Hopefully the lessons are being learned now (for once that phrase can be forgiven as being genuine).

* a shitstorm

** a fucking nearer shitstorm

Think you’ve about nailed how I feel about it, we’re enduring a second lockdown because they dropped the ball completely, introducing 13 day testing at 23/12 was far too late, Especially knowing how many people were travelling home for Christmas.

• Like 1