IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Nom de plume said:

I’m so glad people here (intelligent people in the main) are seeing this Government for what it really is in regards to their response to this pandemic.

Quayle & Ashford have been found out & they are like cornered animals trying to scratch & defend to the end.

There are dissenting voices in CoMin too believe me. 

Can they dissent a little louder please? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, asitis said:

Government got us to where we were by luck alone ! It appears that may have run out !

We have hindsight. Whilst I am not known for defending government, I think on this one,its a no win situation. It was always going to happen. IMO the right things have been done. Impossible situation. The lockdown will clear these clusters so long as everyone behaves.

Looking like min 5weeks now though.

7 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

We have hindsight. Whilst I am not known for defending government, I think on this one,its a no win situation. It was always going to happen. IMO the right things have been done. Impossible situation. The lockdown will clear these clusters so long as everyone behaves.

What are you talking about?

They ignored the advice to test people, and as a result this has happened.

If they had tested it wouldn't have.

It really is that simple.

An obsession with not recording cases has put us here and is costing millions of pounds.

Once Covid free we could have implemented a robust policy that still allowed people to travel here (like australia and plenty of others) and used out little rock geography to our advantage and had one of the healthiest economies in the world.

Someone has already posted a couple of days ago the MTTV interview about plugging that gap back in October or November.

Someone needs to push for a full explanation as to why we weren't testing

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

An obsession with not recording cases has put us here and is costing millions of pounds.

Once Covid free we could have implemented a robust policy that still allowed people to travel here (like australia and plenty of others) and used out little rock geography to our advantage and had one of the healthiest economies in the world.

Someone has already posted a couple of days ago the MTTV interview about plugging that gap back in October or November.

In a childs voice ...... "because we don't like Rachel and we're not playing with her no more "

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

I agree that testing would have been another weapon in the armoury. Perhaps you are right. However with the vagueness of the test results could we really say it would. 

The Ramsay cases were part asymptomatic but some tested negative that had symptoms and some tested positive who had no symptoms. I agree that we should throw everything we can at it but to be fair to the CM, that testing was in place on the 23rd.

However the only gamechanger (and hope) is the vaccine. That's what we should be focused on. Everything else, including testing, is a sticking plaster

• Thanks 1

I can't buy the "to be fair to the CM they did introduce testing for 23rd" @Happier diner

Not sure if this was already posted but @Josem put this snippet from Hansard on Twitter. The CM has no respect for the members of Tynwald. The cost of introducing free multi-stage testing for returnees considerably less than MERA and SSS alone will cost Treasury.

20210109_101633.jpg

26 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I don't quite agree. Widespread testing on demand, opportunistic testing and honesty with the general public could have prevented this. There was sufficient evidence even before the Pandemic that face coverings (even homemade) help reduce the spread of respiratory pathogens for example

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Dr. Grumpy said:

I don't quite agree. Widespread testing on demand, opportunistic testing and honesty with the general public could have prevented this. There was sufficient evidence even before the Pandemic that face coverings (even homemade) help reduce the spread of respiratory pathogens for example

Obviously massive increase in local testing capacity would've helped also

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

he Ramsay cases were part asymptomatic but some tested negative that had symptoms and some tested positive who had no symptoms. I agree that we should throw everything we can at it but to be fair to the CM, that testing was in place on the 23rd.

The fact that it was in place for people arriving from the 23rd makes it worse.  It confirms they knew they should have been doing it

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

I didn’t. I’m on the scales right now.

It's absolutely true, works every time. Take the classic Victoria as you suggested. Weigh 4 eggs in their shells, and whatever they weigh, thats what you need in butter, sugar and flour.

I am not just saying this to further strengthen the alibi.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

I think there's a queue, judging by the response he got in Tynwald.  His endless variants on "How dare you suggest we discuss public policy in public?" went down particularly badly.  It's also clear that there have been people in CoMin arguing for testing and he doesn't like it.

The initial response is scripted...in this case he clearly did have a lot of input, unless everyone in the Cabinet Office is as petty and obtuse as he is.  More important, once the initial speech is delivered he's on his own and he was floundering around even more than normal.

I’ve listened to it. Quayle is a nasty, obtuse, ego-driven and vindictive individual completely lacking in the intellect, charisma and talent required to manage this. The Quayle-enabling silence and acquiescence of others within CoMin and Tynwald is a growing stain on them. Starting with the letter-shredder. They disgust me.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

It's absolutely true, works every time. Take the classic Victoria as you suggested. Weigh 4 eggs in their shells, and whatever they weigh, thats what you need in butter, sugar and flour.

I am not just saying this to further strengthen the alibi.

I shall invoke this and report back in due course.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

The Ramsay cases were part asymptomatic but some tested negative that had symptoms and some tested positive who had no symptoms. I agree that we should throw everything we can at it but to be fair to the CM, that testing was in place on the 23rd.

Didn’t @rachomics have a patented three tests from one swab that was meant to eliminate false results?

• Like 1