IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, Kopek said:

Strange that todays PR is more open, honest and informative than the Press Briefings?

Have they brought in a new writer?

Something has clearly changed from NYE.

Following the NYE silence, we were told they couldn't announce anything until contact tracing had been completed.

Now they're announcing stuff basically using the press to help them contact trace.

2 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

Didn’t @rachomics have a patented three tests from one swab that was meant to eliminate false results?

This is exactly the issue.  We had the ability to be right on top of it and could be right on top of tracking variants.  But, for some inexplicable reason, the person who has that expertise has been binned.  There needs to be full disclosure and accountability on this.  GDPR and commercial confidentiality takes second place when the community's health, wealth and wellbeing is at stake.

• Like 10

All the above may well be true about Quayle and Co. but as with everything else they are advised and led in this matter. They don't think for themselves much.

Somebody suggested these policies, somebody suggested that listening to Dr Glover wasn't a good idea and that she should be persona non grata. These peeps need to stand up and be identified. Then held to account if applicable.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

All the above may well be true about Quayle and Co. but as with everything else they are advised and led in this matter. They don't think for themselves much.

Somebody suggested these policies, somebody suggested that listening to Dr Glover wasn't a good idea and that she should be persona non grata. These peeps need to stand up and be identified. Then held to account if applicable.

Yes they have been advised. But please, these are the political members. Advice is just that.

They should be conducting themselves as adults making their own reasoned judgements.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, horatiotheturd said:

So explain to me why my relatives who want to come here and spend time with their family can't do so if they are prepared to isolate and take all the required tests.

There is no justification and its inhumane 

I don't know, but I can give you my thoughts. I apologise for my tone, but social media can be so one-dimensional. I feel for you but I also feel for 85,000 other people.

1. First off, there is a pandemic going on. Take 5 minutes and think about that and what it is and what it means. A quick tune in to the BBC should put you right in the picture.

2. If you are so concerned about what you feel is so inhumane, just go and see your relys. No one is stopping you. 

3. The Isle of Man, as with UK, is in lock down. See 1. above.

4. The Isle of Man is ploughing its own furrow here. Even though it isn't and can't be perfect, we're doing ok. I would say the Isle of Man Government has dropped a few bollocks, but is doing fine relative to anywhere else. Once it relaxes its guard and starts opening the floodgates, even a little bit more, then we really will be like a little England. And that is truly bolloxed just now.

5. See 2.

There is plenty of justification, the situation is not inhumane. See 1. 

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

They have ignored advice and Howard makes things up as he goes along.

Phone any member of comin and ask them if they knew he was going to announce binning off seven day testing when he announced it?

The man's an idiot who need reigning in

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Barlow said:

I don't know, but I can give you my thoughts. I apologise for my tone, but social media can be so one-dimensional. I feel for you but I also feel for 85,000 other people.

1. First off, there is a pandemic going on. Take 5 minutes and think about that and what it is and what it means. A quick tune in to the BBC should put you right in the picture.

2. If you are so concerned about what you feel is so inhumane, just go and see your relys. No one is stopping you. 

3. The Isle of Man, as with UK, is in lock down. See 1. above.

4. The Isle of Man is ploughing its own furrow here. Even though it isn't and can't be perfect, we're doing ok. I would say the Isle of Man Government has dropped a few bollocks, but is doing fine relative to anywhere else. Once it relaxes its guard and starts opening the floodgates, even a little bit more, then we really will be like a little England. And that is truly bolloxed just now.

5. See 2.

There is plenty of justification, the situation is not inhumane. See 1. 

How much of the nonsense in your post applied in September when they weren't allowed to come?

3 minutes ago, jaymann said:

Yes they have been advised. But please, these are the political members. Advice is just that.

They should be conducting themselves as adults making their own reasoned judgements.

The fact is that being elected to anything doesn't suddenly imbue the candidate with wisdom or knowledge, and they do have to rely on the advice they are given in the various matters that they encounter.  BUT, they should not be arrogant in the belief that they have suddenly acquired these unquestionable super-powers AND should be critical of the advice received, taking more if necessary,  so that they are fully informed and can discharge their functions in the best interests of the people of the IOM. 

It is the latter where there has been a potentially catastrophic failure.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

How much of the nonsense in your post applied in September when they weren't allowed to come?

Maybe had they been allowed to come over in September, along with many other people unable to live without seeing their relatives, then we would have been in the situation we are in now and likerly worse many weeks ago.

I don't see any of my post as being nonsense.

If you want to go and see your relatives, just go. No, please.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Maybe had they been allowed to come over in September, along with many other people unable to live without seeing their relatives, then we would have been in the situation we are in now and likerly worse many weeks ago.

I don't see any of my post as being nonsense.

If you want to go and see your relatives, just go. No, please.

Testing when people return or visit. Absolutely minute risk.

Just switch you brain on and consider other peopmes lives any why there might be a huge number of reasons why their lives aren't quite as simple as yours

Edited by horatiotheturd