IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

6 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Testing when people return or visit. Absolutely minute risk.

Just switch you brain on and consider other peopmes lives any why there might be a huge number of reasons why their lives aren't quite as simple as yours

Actually you tool, I wasn't going to share as anyone who reads this who knows my family will know who we are.

My daughter is in her early twenties and hasn't left the house for over 10 years.  She basically "lives" in a specially adapted bed hooked up to various machines.  She would quite like to see her granny and aunt and cousins as she basically doesn't have any friends outside the family and jumping losing the will to live.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, horatiotheturd said:

They have done an absolutely awful job, all based around boosting their own egos more than anything else.

Be a brave politocian who stands up and says it though as with their self indulgent press briefings etc they have convinced the Manx public that they are gods and it couldn't have been handled any other way

Never been so angry about anything political in my life

Exactly this.   Come September, vote them OUT!  

Although disappointing news about the positive child, we are still very early in lockdown so it is a bit soon to assume it will be extended. In fact it will be a good indicator of widespread transmission as you assume that they are now going to have to test thousands of pupils and associated contacts. Who knows it may be a false positive. Whatever the test results we still have enough time for track and trace to mop up. Stay positive (not that type of positive 🙂). 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

They have ignored advice and Howard makes things up as he goes along.

Phone any member of comin and ask them if they knew he was going to announce binning off seven day testing when he announced it?

The man's an idiot who need reigning in

In the 1980s I was advised by a professional financial advisor to take out an endowment mortgage, then the bottom fell out of the market. So glad I didn't! 

In the 1990s I was advised by a senior accountant to invest in ostrich eggs. The ostrich business then collapsed. So glad I didn't invest.

Advice is advice. Some of it is good, but most is not. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nom de plume said:

I’m so glad people here (intelligent people in the main) are seeing this Government for what it really is in regards to their response to this pandemic.

Quayle & Ashford have been found out & they are like cornered animals trying to scratch & defend to the end.

There are dissenting voices in CoMin too believe me. 

It is a pity we cannot hear the dissenting voices, it may help with our election choices later this year!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Out of the blue said:

Although disappointing news about the positive child, we are still very early in lockdown so it is a bit soon to assume it will be extended. In fact it will be a good indicator of widespread transmission as you assume that they are now going to have to test thousands of pupils and associated contacts. Who knows it may be a false positive. Whatever the test results we still have enough time for track and trace to mop up. Stay positive (not that type of positive 🙂). 

Yes wondering do they test the positive cases again to check not false bones or do they just assume all 100% correct.

Didn’t Rachel say we’ll start getting false positives when they start using the kit they have rather than her more accurate ones?

There are any number of people about with shit stories about relatives.

I've got relatives in the UK who would be pleased to see me - a daughter who has been in hospital twice in recent months - another relative who is 90 and has started to go demented, who I'd like to see for a hug while she still recognises me - another who has prostate cancer.

If I go to the UK and mix with people in areas where the covid is rife, not only does that put me in danger (I'm in a vulnerable age group), when I come back I stand a chance of putting people where I live in danger, even if I self isolate on return - I'll have had to travel with people on the way back.

You've only got to look at how things have gone in Jersey.

I am not for leaving this Island, or encouraging people to come here, until the virus is a lot more under control. My relatives understand that, and are fully supportive.

The UK is in a mess. Don't let that spread here.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Just now, doc.fixit said:

........and replace with what?

Candidates who are less arrogant, entitled, shortsighted, but who are willing to listen to ALL instead of civil servants with their own agendas.   Also candidates who understand that being honest with the public doesn’t make them appear weak, as HQ and his ilk seem to think.   Oh yes, & candidates who follow more progressive policies than we have at present.       

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1