IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

7 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

So it’s being distributed in a safe and controlled manner, what is the issue? It doesn’t matter if it’s done over 1 day or 5 days only the same amount of people will receive the vaccine. Perhaps you be asking why people aren’t turning up for their vaccinations despite being booked in and other people are queuing up to get it?

Ask the people who missed it, dies it indicates a different approach?  Ask them when they are booked in if they want it? 

2 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Isolate incomers and test at scientifically proven points before you release into the community. We should have been doing it months ago  particularly in light of the infection source next door. It needs to be getting set up NOW.

The same as we should be pushing ahead with the vaccine roll-out. I can't believe the Courier headlines, "Vaccine Roll-Out Can't be Done Faster".

You'd think with what's happened over the last 48 hours or so there'd be a sense of urgency..... but no, this is traa dy liooar at it's best. Quite unbelievable.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, Barlow said:

I'll go with that.

Considering what we are playing with here, there should be no charge for a procedure, the result of which could affect and cost us all - like now.

The whole regime needs tightening up though. Obviously.

Just look what we've lost.

Charging is just a way of discouraging people coming to the Island. It's ridiculous because it's built a two tiered system: the rich Vs the rest. It's not a surprise that both the Chief Minister and the Health Minister are massive Conservative fanboys. They probably don't even realise that's what they've done.

22 minutes ago, The Chief said:

as usual MF is factually incorrect, nobles may have 6 beds but there's contingency for at least 14 more if required, it was well publicised during first lockdown that the theatres can be adjusted to ITU if needed. I think Wrighty on this thread said as much.

But hey let's go for the sensational instead of the actual truth.

20 still isn't very many. If they have to start using the contingency then expect the speed limit to drop again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thommo2010 said:

Saturday night. People stuck at home with booze and social media. I expect some mad posts tonight and people waking up with the fear tomorrow. Who needs to go out lol

Did you not buy any popcorn during your daily shopping opportunity....? 😁

20 hours ago, piebaps said:

There are very few of them. Most are pirates who I wouldn't piss on if ablaze. 

Why pay some for advice when all they say is a citizen of one country, live in another country and put your assets in a 3rd country.

@jaymann Hope any people who moved to Jersey did not put granny into a Jersey nursing house, since another one is seeing an outbreak. 2nd wave got to 25 dead, and was thinking yesterday get to around 30, but likely get few more with from new cursing home outbreak.

Managed suppression strategy does not work, you cannot have a little bit of something if it exists grows exponentially. Elimination particularly for places like IoM which can control importation of disease is only viable option. Regarding business, even if did not have restriction now, I cannot imagine typical mature HNW gent rushing down now to talk face to face with a tax adviser.

Edited by BenFairfax
typo

7 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Saturday night. People stuck at home with booze and social media. I expect some mad posts tonight and people waking up with the fear tomorrow. Who needs to go out lol

Not allowed out to get beer though.  Its not "essential" 😉

I still have a significant stash from lockdown part one

34 minutes ago, Bankfern said:

Totally agree with happy diner. we are now fighting a war against this virus. Can you imagine soldiers saying “ sorry general we can’t fight today, the paper work has not arrived and by the way we only fight on three days a week “

If this was the war there are a few posters here who would be arguing that the blackout was completely unnecessary. Or moaning that their poor little diddums hadn't been able to visit Granny.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Is the reason they are not rolling out the vaccine quicker  because they are still waiting on Microsoft to deliver the special needles? Why is nobody asking them that question at the briefings?

Edited by Boris Johnson
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Not brave enough to say it on fb but hey on earth are the co op giving their end of day sandwiches to the police.

They have virtually nothing to do, and are still on full pay and pension.

Maybe distribute to some of those whoncant afford to buy food instead.

Charity to the police ffs

Presumably it's a one off because they didn't sell the stuff they'd ordered to sell to office workers on Thursday and Friday.  Next week's order will be cut accordingly so it won't happen again.  I suspect the obvious recipients such as the Foodbank aren't set up for a one-off of fresh food like this or already have enough from other sources.  And you don't know that the police might pass them on to others.

Mind you I did see some very cheap doughnuts when I was in there just now.

5 minutes ago, pongo said:

If this was the war there are a few posters here who would be arguing that the blackout was completely unnecessary. Or moaning that their poor little diddums hadn't been able to visit Granny.

I have barely seen anyone say there shouldn't be a lockdown.  Maybe not a full on three weeks until we have a better picture of whats going on, but very few disagree with the concept.

Have also only seen people (me included) saying that decisions to keep family away need to be backed up with science and that alternative should be looked at rather than a total ban.  Loads of ways it could be accomodated safely.

Therefore, your very lame point is just nonsense