IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Presumably it's a one off because they didn't sell the stuff they'd ordered to sell to office workers on Thursday and Friday.  Next week's order will be cut accordingly so it won't happen again.  I suspect the obvious recipients such as the Foodbank aren't set up for a one-off of fresh food like this or already have enough from other sources.  And you don't know that the police might pass them on to others.

Mind you I did see some very cheap doughnuts when I was in there just now.

Bet Derek is regretting his rash move off the island now.

h.JPG

Edited by Boris Johnson
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

I have barely seen anyone say there shouldn't be a lockdown.  Maybe not a full on three weeks until we have a better picture of whats going on, but very few disagree with the concept.

Have also only seen people (me included) saying that decisions to keep family away need to be backed up with science and that alternative should be looked at rather than a total ban.  Loads of ways it could be accomodated safely.

Therefore, your very lame point is just nonsense

Hmmm. 

17 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Not brave enough to say it on fb but hey on earth are the co op giving their end of day sandwiches to the police.

They have virtually nothing to do, and are still on full pay and pension.

Maybe distribute to some of those whoncant afford to buy food instead.

Charity to the police ffs

So why not ?

13 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Have also only seen people (me included) saying that decisions to keep family away need to be backed up with science and that alternative should be looked at rather than a total ban.  Loads of ways it could be accomodated safely.

There is no need at all for government to waste valuable time and resources on the ifs and buts of unnecessary leisure travel.

Unnecessary travel is unnecessary. The little diddums don't need to see their grannies.

Edited by pongo
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Yes, I get that, but people should be asked if they want it as it can be offered to someone else. 

Wholeheartedly agree, this is the sort of thing that is being overlooked and not being asked. If an old codger can’t make it due to the weather conditions for example (fair enough) then there should be some sort of reserve list of people that can make it at last minute notice.

Given most people in their 70s won’t be driving in to Noble’s, they probably won’t want to risk using public transport/a taxi with the virus ‘visiting’ our Island and they can’t get a lift from a family member then next weeks rollout will be even more challenging. The Oxford vaccine is the game changer though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, pongo said:

There is no need at all for government to waste valuable time and resources on the ifs and buts of unnecessary leisure travel.

Unnecessary travel is unnecessary. The little diddums don't need to see their gannnies.

You obviously have a very close family.  I know lots of people who are absolutely suffering having not seen close family for over a year.

Anyway.  You must be a big tough man who just cracks on by himself.

People wouldn't mind of there was nonalternative, and people didn't mind for a few months.

To have been stopped from seeing people for so long now is just stupid when they aren't even prepared to look into options.

It doesn't need government time "we are moving the border framework to level 3 with all travellers subject to the current isolation and testing regine" - done, 1 sentence and boosts the economy

8 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

You obviously have a very close family.  I know lots of people who are absolutely suffering having not seen close family for over a year.

I find it weird that people seem to need to have so much physical contact with their extended families who have chosen to live at a distance. We used to write letters or have weekly telephone calls. Today we have instant messages, Skype etc.

It's an indulgence of modern life that people seem to now expect to be able to both live at a distance and to be in regular physical contact. 

Edited by pongo
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Anyway.  You must be a big tough man who just cracks on by himself.

People wouldn't mind of there was nonalternative, and people didn't mind for a few months.

To have been stopped from seeing people for so long now is just stupid when they aren't even prepared to look into options.

It doesn't need government time "we are moving the border framework to level 3 with all travellers subject to the current isolation and testing regine" - done, 1 sentence and boosts the economy

You're sounding very angry, why don't you have a little lie down and rest your weary head. Everyone on here knows how you feel by now and I expect there's even a tad of sympathy going your way, but don't overdo it by repeating yourself like a parrot. 

4 minutes ago, quilp said:

You're sounding very angry, why don't you have a little lie down and rest your weary head. Everyone on here knows how you feel by now and I expect there's even a tad of sympathy going your way, but don't overdo it by repeating yourself like a parrot. 

But its ok for people to keep repeating that we must stop all travel, without a single one actually explaining how there is any risk if we take the relevant precautions?

At least I am giving solutions rather than just stating something and not backing it up.

The paranoia has turned the island into a load of people shouting "close the borders" he refuse to engage their brains and actually look at the risks (clue, letting family come over in a proper manner is much lower risk than flying a dr in to do a surgery at Nobles, or many many other scenarios)

21 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

lucky fuckers, mine live within walking distance

• Like 2
  • Haha 3