IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Seeing your Grannies might not be as important to the Didums as seeing the didums might be to the Grannies?

From a psychological point of view which is the more damaging?

Not saying lock down should be varied to accommodate these situations but you are not allowing for the perceived relevance of this situation?

7 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Did you even read my post?

You think there is more risk to other people from a family.member coming over, isolating and being tested, than people going to shops and then continuing to mix in the community, potentially at work etc.

According to you the more people who travel the more the risk.

100 people coming in this week and following the rules is less risk than 80,000 being allowed to go shopping is it not?

So by your own logic we should all be locked in our houses eating gruel and drinking water.

Noone needs exercise, noone needs social interaction.  Do they?

3 minutes ago, pongo said:

That's all bollocks. I don't believe that the risk of unnecessary travel should even be considered. Eliminate Covid and keep it out. That's the govt policy and I support it.

Been out for a lovely walk today. Chatted at a safe distance with people I have known much of my life.

But you have been for an unnecessary walk.  You couldn't make it up

8 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

You think there is more risk to other people from a family.member coming over, isolating and being tested, than people going to shops and then continuing to mix in the community, potentially at work etc.

100 people coming in this week and following the rules is less risk than 80,000 being allowed to go shopping is it not?

So by your own logic we should all be locked in our houses eating gruel and drinking water.

If you want to see your family then go over and see them, the risk is yours, nobody is stopping you? Why you’d want your family to travel during a pandemic to come and see you is beyond me?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, pongo said:

That's all bollocks. I don't believe that the risk of unnecessary travel should even be considered. Eliminate Covid and keep it out. That's the govt policy and I support it.

Been out for a lovely walk today. Chatted at a safe distance with people I have known much of my life.

That's not government strategy.  They have accepted that it will be coming to the island nearly everyday and put in place a robust isolation and testing procedure to deal with it.  Hence the day one cases croping up nearly everyday.

3 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

If you want to see your family then go over and see them, the risk is yours, nobody is stopping you? Why you’d want your family to travel during a pandemic to come and see you is beyond me?

Then you are an idiot.

My daughter hasn't left the house in 10 years.  She can't travel.

Family are safely in a bubble in North West, all they have to do is drive to the ferry.  Less risk than a trip to tesco

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

That's not government strategy.  They have accepted that it will be coming to the island nearly everyday and put in place a robust isolation and testing procedure to deal with it.  Hence the day one cases croping up nearly everyday.

If govt has accepted that it might be coming to the island (ie. with new, more virulent strains it is becoming more & more likely every day that it will) then they would surely be more ambitious that having nearly everyone vaccinated by September?

The general election is in September - July would be far more suitable as a target date for vaccination completion

1 hour ago, horatiotheturd said:

Because it will piss off people, many if whom are my customers or potential customers and my fb profile has my face, my wife's face, our kids faces and our places of work on it.

I meant “so why not” in relation the the police getting the Arnie’s that would be OOD next day.  I have no issue with helping the Police. We need them , more than they need us, and never forget that.

24 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

I’ve been stocking  up on Gruel for weeks. Going to start selling on FB soon 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I meant “so why not” in relation the the police getting the Arnie’s that would be OOD next day.  I have no issue with helping the Police. We need them , more than they need us, and never forget that.

I put that in my post.

They are well paid, doing very little, have a job for life (unless they screw it up) and are better placed than most to pay for their own sandwiches 

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Family are safely in a bubble in North West, all they have to do is drive to the ferry.  Less risk than a trip to tesco

Can you even begin to imagine the expensive and resource hungry degree of work which would be necessary to make an one-at-a-time assessment of every separate case?

How could the system possibly decide between a lower risk scenario and a higher risk scenario? Without an expensive and time consuming analysis of every case. And how long would such a careful process invariably take? And even accepting that many would lie.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Then you are an idiot.

My daughter hasn't left the house in 10 years.  She can't travel.

Well that’s an exceptional case and you have my sympathy, unfortunately the travel restrictions have to be in place to stop the 90% of idiots and not the 10% that would actually take the correct precautions and use their common sense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

I put that in my post.

They are well paid, doing very little, have a job for life (unless they screw it up) and are better placed than most to pay for their own sandwiches 

They actually are not well paid. Do a bit of research into hospital porters pay, dockers pay. Historical baggage handlers pay, even long serving bus drivers pay. The Police at Constable level is crap. Same as qualified nurses.  Your average secretary in the CS earns more than a nurse with a degree. Even porters earn more than nurses. WTAF is happening there.

• Like 1