IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

32 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

It's brand new medical intervention. It doesn't come with years/decades of experience that other vaccines come with. Every person that receives it is still effectively taking part in a live trial. 

I have no issues in people receiving it, but we are small and nimble enough to do things properly using trained medical personnel in a suitable setting, not have people lining up in a car park drive through like across. 

All the procedures were in place before they did the first one.  No excuses not to just be rattling through them using the same procedures and protocols.

Each time a tray arrives you do as many 1w hour stints as needed to empty it ASAP.

Rinse and repeat.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Major Rushen said:

Don’t fancy an air bubble in the arm! 

Wouldn’t hurt - it’s largely a movie myth. You need about 100ml of air injected, intravenously not intramuscularly, to kill you. Perhaps less if you have a ‘hole in the heart’ (a septal defect). Tiny bubbles in muscle would do nothing, tiny bubbles in a vein get mopped up in the lungs before hitting the arterial side of the circulation. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Wonder if the new cases have been tested again as Rachel warned off false positives not long ago 

That's why I'm not watching it. I'd be shouting at the laptop too much so I'm monitoring twitter. Just waituntil those day 13 positives start coming in (if anyone is prepared to risk it). Surveillance testing at day 13 is one thing but punishing a positive with another 14 days is a little too much in my opinion. If they're positive at day 13 post-exposure they're very unlikely to be infectious beyond 21 days. Making it into a 28 day quarantine if positive is rather punitive. Assuming I've got the details right (I could be wrong seeing as I'm not watching directly).

Re injections , my sister is a community nurse and weeks ago , as she only does 3 days or so a week , volunteered to do a day or two when needed to admininster the vaccine . She hasnt heard a thing back and to date hasn't done any . I believe theres other practice nurses who have volunteered too and havent been utilised 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

All the procedures were in place before they did the first one.  No excuses not to just be rattling through them using the same procedures and protocols.

Each time a tray arrives you do as many 1w hour stints as needed to empty it ASAP.

Rinse and repeat.

I think the whole point in a register is to be constantly updated and assessed so you gather data.

What happens if we have three severe reactions on one day at three different locations which means we need to slow down and assess what those three patients have in common, if anything. A quick look through their medical history may indicate they are all diabetic or asthmatic, for example, meaning we then pay particular attention to those individuals in the future and anyone with those conditions should be vaccinated at the hospital, for ease of access to more advanced facilities should they get a reaction.

We're dealing with an emerging situation with a lot of unknowns. To treat it like a drive through McDonalds isn't really the best approach.

Edited by Lxxx
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

I think the whole point in a register is to be constantly updated and assessed so you gather data.

What happens if we have three severe reactions on one day at three different locations which means we need to slow down and assess what those three patients have in common, if anything. A quick look through their medical history may indicate they are all diabetic or asthmatic, for example, meaning we then pay particular attention to those individuals in the future and anyone with those conditions should be vaccinated at the hospital, for ease of access to more advanced facilities should they get a reaction.

We're dealing with an emerging situation with a lot of unknowns. To treat it like a drive through McDonalds isn't really the best approach.

What drivel. So nearly 2 million done in UK and no Ill effects or reactions. So we are going to take it cautiously.

No reactions to AZ jab, so whats you excuse for that?

39 minutes ago, Nellie said:

These table show that Israel is miles ahead in the race to vaccinate their population of c 9 million.

Yes, their PM (Benjamin Netanyahu) took charge and apparently negotiated personally with Pfizer's CEO, to get plentiful supplies.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

For context, we've done around 1.2%, which looks OK, until you consider that we've been getting a steady supply for almost a month!

There's an election in Israel, in March, which clearly focused political minds. If only there was an election here, fairly soon! 😉

It was mentioned on the news that Israel paid 'a lot of money' for their vaccine. They can afford it. We can't even afford to have tests at day 13 for free. Cost of everything, value of nothing !

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Fucks sake, it's not a race!!!!! 

If the idea is to protect the NHS which is the slogan, it seems to me the best way to do that is for as many people as possible to not get it ! I thought that was the function of the vaccine ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cheesypeas said:

It was mentioned on the news that Israel paid 'a lot of money' for their vaccine. They can afford it. We can't even afford to have tests at day 13 for free. Cost of everything, value of nothing !

I am sure we could buy our own and our order will be filled after the U.K. has had all it’s delivered.

26 minutes ago, Banker said:

FFS it is to get as many done in as quick a time!!

As Lxxx wrote above, this is a new challenge. There's an old proverb- 'more haste, less work.' Inoculated people need to be tracked to ensure the second doses are repeated on time, that no one is missed and continuity maintained. This is a complicated game and to ensure success there's little room for error. I'll do as you've been doing and create an imagined dillema; what if we find ourselves, and especially our front-line staff faced with sizeable outbreak? Who man's the guns? There's a distinct possibility in that scenario that the system goes awry, important roles compromised and the health service swamped. The Island is still in pole position, we aren't yet pressurised to hurry things up because community transmission is at present miniscule, the coming weeks may see that change and should that be the case we'll have to act accordingly. In the meantime there's a lot to be said for slow and steady. 

11 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Really! Since when. How about we just don't bother. I'm not saying we should go crazy but our miserable performance is not good

Nonsense. Once the other vaccines are up and running the process of mass vaccination will likely accelerate and turnover amongst the population increased. You're getting more like the panic-stricken dilemmarist Banker as each day passes. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

Look on the bright side. In time there'll probably be something that you pick up off the shelves in the supermarket during the weekly shop as a matter of course.

On the even brighter side - Ramsey Commissioners are offering to allow the use of Ramsey Courthouse as a vaccination centre/hub. A use for it at last 😂. So PSM can use Manxonia House down south too. I knew there was a master plan...

10 minutes ago, quilp said:

As Lxxx wrote above, this is a new challenge. There's an old proverb- 'more haste, less work.' Inoculated people need to be tracked to ensure the second doses are repeated on time, that no one is missed and continuity maintained. This is a complicated game and to ensure success there's little room for error. I'll do as you've been doing and create an imagined dillema; what if we find ourselves, and especially our front-line staff faced with sizeable outbreak? Who man's the guns? There's a distinct possibility in that scenario that the system goes awry, important roles compromised and the health service swamped. The Island is still in pole position, we aren't yet pressurised to hurry things up because community transmission is at present miniscule, the coming weeks may see that change and should that be the case we'll have to act accordingly. In the meantime there's a lot to be said for slow and steady. 

Nonsense. Once the other vaccines are up and running the process of mass vaccination will likely accelerate and turnover amongst the population increased. You're getting more like the panic-stricken dilemmarist Banker as each day passes. 

Quilp, that’s the most sensible, clear, accurate, realistic analysis posted on here about this.

Im sure there’s a job in cabinet office for someone with your communication skill, if only they didn’t their heads so far up their arses.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1