IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

12 minutes ago, quilp said:

As Lxxx wrote above, this is a new challenge. There's an old proverb- 'more haste, less work.' Inoculated people need to be tracked to ensure the second doses are repeated on time, that no one is missed and continuity maintained. This is a complicated game and to ensure success there's little room for error. I'll do as you've been doing and create an imagined dillema; what if we find ourselves, and especially our front-line staff faced with sizeable outbreak? Who man's the guns? There's a distinct possibility in that scenario that the system goes awry, important roles compromised and the health service swamped. The Island is still in pole position, we aren't yet pressurised to hurry things up because community transmission is at present miniscule, the coming weeks may see that change and should that be the case we'll have to act accordingly. In the meantime there's a lot to be said for slow and steady. 

Nonsense. Once the other vaccines are up and running the process of mass vaccination will likely accelerate and turnover amongst the population increased. You're getting more like the panic-stricken dilemmarist Banker as each day passes. 

So you think it’s acceptable doing 1100 per week, holding 6 Pfizer &1 Oxford vaccine in reserve is good enough when the Island Howie keeps referring to as comparison are planning 3000 per day?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Banker said:

So you think it’s acceptable doing 1100 per week, holding 6 Pfizer &1 Oxford vaccine in reserve is good enough when the Island Howie keeps referring to as comparison are planning 3000 per day?

No, I think delivering in a realistic, safe, reliable, documented, traceable  roll out to be better than rushed and disorganised.

Matt Hancock has just confirmed UK has got 350 million doses ordered. Please can we discuss what we are going to do with our spare 290,000 doses. I’d like two of each.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

No, I think delivering in a realistic, safe, reliable, documented, traceable  roll out to be better than rushed and disorganised.

Matt Hancock has just confirmed UK has got 350 million doses ordered. Please can we discuss what we are going to do with our spare 290,000 doses. I’d like two of each.

So you're accusing the Guernsey rollout as being rushed and disorganised?

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

I think the whole point in a register is to be constantly updated and assessed so you gather data.

What happens if we have three severe reactions on one day at three different locations which means we need to slow down and assess what those three patients have in common, if anything. A quick look through their medical history may indicate they are all diabetic or asthmatic, for example, meaning we then pay particular attention to those individuals in the future and anyone with those conditions should be vaccinated at the hospital, for ease of access to more advanced facilities should they get a reaction.

We're dealing with an emerging situation with a lot of unknowns. To treat it like a drive through McDonalds isn't really the best approach.

You know there are millions of these being administered world wide right?

Edited by horatiotheturd

I see the Health Minister is still fumbling. Best viewed from 4th minute onwards.

- Still claiming border/day 1 testing at only 7% detection.

- Still claiming 14 days isolation as the gold standard.

- Still saying that Day 1 and 13 testing wouldn't have stopped two recent cluster outbreaks as there's always a 1% chance of cases slipping through.

6 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Over 200,000 given in the UK yesterday, I’ve just read.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-more-than-200-000-coronavirus-jabs-a-day-as-uk-on-course-to-meet-vaccination-target-12183970

but here on Slumber Island, we’ll stick to three days a week, just in case...

Edited by manxst
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jaymann said:

I see the Health Minister is still fumbling. Best viewed from 4th minute onwards.

- Still claiming border/day 1 testing at only 7% detection.

- Still claiming 14 days isolation as the gold standard.

- Still saying that Day 1 and 13 testing wouldn't have stopped two recent cluster outbreaks as there's always a 1% chance of cases slipping through.

By precisely not doing second week testing from November when advised by Dr Racael...he has fumbled us into lockdown.

Wanker.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Really?

We live on a small island which gets whipped up into various levels of hysteria across social media at the slightest opportunity. Rolling out a programme that affects every individual on it means the slightest issue will be magnified ten fold.

I think it's wise to go slow and steady on this one, you disagree. It's fine. But we all know which approach they will take and unfortunately it isn't the one you want. For a whole host of reasons. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WTF said:

he reminds me of deputy dawg with his dopey eyes and saggy jowls

DD was also hopelessly inept so the comparison continues. Where it ends is that DD was funny and endearing. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

Really?

We live on a small island which gets whipped up into various levels of hysteria across social media at the slightest opportunity. Rolling out a programme that affects every individual on it means the slightest issue will be magnified ten fold.

I think it's wise to go slow and steady on this one, you disagree. It's fine. But we all know which approach they will take and unfortunately it isn't the one you want. For a whole host of reasons. 

The main reason being they couldn't organise a pissup in a brewery.

You really think.the civic amenities would still be shut if run by a private business given we knew this was a possibility months ago.  The civil service is a joke, full of people who wouldn't survive 10 minutes in a profit driven business.

Its really not that hard.  Plenfy of people have volunteered and not been called on and we have fridges full of the vaccine.

1 minute ago, horatiotheturd said:

The main reason being they couldn't organise a pissup in a brewery.

You really think.the civic amenities would still be shut if run by a private business given we knew this was a possibility months ago.  The civil service is a joke, full of people who wouldn't survive 10 minutes in a profit driven business.

Its really not that hard.  Plenfy of people have volunteered and not been called on and we have fridges full of the vaccine.

As I said, they will take it slow for a whole host of reasons. Ineptitude will be one of them. 

• Like 2