IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

36 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

By precisely not doing second week testing from November when advised by Dr Racael...he has fumbled us into lockdown.

Wanker.

Return that MBE....

1 hour ago, wrighty said:

Wouldn’t hurt - it’s largely a movie myth. You need about 100ml of air injected, intravenously not intramuscularly, to kill you. Perhaps less if you have a ‘hole in the heart’ (a septal defect). Tiny bubbles in muscle would do nothing, tiny bubbles in a vein get mopped up in the lungs before hitting the arterial side of the circulation. 

Darn, that was my preferred method assassination.  Oh well, back to the novachek.

Edited by Gladys
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, The Chief said:

as usual MF is factually incorrect, nobles may have 6 beds but there's contingency for at least 14 more if required, it was well publicised during first lockdown that the theatres can be adjusted to ITU if needed. I think Wrighty on this thread said as much.

But hey let's go for the sensational instead of the actual truth.

Without being a liberty to go into details, I can confirm that the ITU capacity was expanded  beyond 6 in April, and if you remember, the Rob Vine organisation loaned their portable respirators to the hospital in case they were needed.  Wrighty is also correct in that the capacity can be extended to include the theatre recovery beds.   Staffing is more of an issue unfortunately.  

I personally am reassured to learn there are so many people with proven track records in large scale vaccine distribution efforts on this island and confess my surprise they are not in charge as they are all so clever. I'm also glad that there are so few impatient reactionary idiots shrieking, cos that wouldn't be helpful at all.

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I personally am reassured to learn there are so many people with proven track records in large scale vaccine distribution efforts on this island and confess my surprise they are not in charge as they are all so clever. I'm also glad that there are so few impatient reactionary idiots shrieking, cos that wouldn't be helpful at all.

FFS another apologist for government ineptitude 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1