IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

44 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

She either had an entry certificate and a landing form, or she didn’t. Contractual entry purchase of property or signed tenancy haven’t worked since 23/12.

If she had an enforceable purchase contract, and had paid the completion funds, there’s no need to sign the Land Registry transfer immediately. You are the owner.

2 minutes ago, quilp said:

Corporal Watterson already giving it some thought, he sees the civil unrest in the US as "worrying."

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/us-violence-really-worrying-for-countries-like-iom/

You can't threaten democracy where it doesn't exist in the first place... 

Admiral, the Air Vice Marshall, Lieutenant General Watterson, I’ll have you know

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, quilp said:

Corporal Watterson already giving it some thought, he sees the civil unrest in the US as "worrying."

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/us-violence-really-worrying-for-countries-like-iom/

You can't threaten democracy where it doesn't exist in the first place... 

If he turns up to Tynwald in his beloved retro military attire we know he means business.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Banker said:

Perhaps a vote of no confidence soon?

I'm expecting it.

There are known factionsbforming in COMIN and Keys as a whole. Seems there is very little support for HQ and to an extent DA. The vote in Dec to introduce the day 1 and 14 testing highlights this too.

I hope she succeeds in passing through a vote.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Chief said:

are we having a ranking system on who's doing it better than us, who's top Sweden or Guernsey and will Singapore make the playoffs?

Nope.  Just food for thought for those who  don't see an alternative to living in a bubble for a few years.

Noone will actually say whats wrong with it as an approach though, just say that anyone who wants people to be able to come here is selfish.

Likely not until later though as they are currently out at McDonalds drive through or picking up a takeaway coffee somewhere or out on a 15 mile walk when we have been told to stay home unless essential and whilst failing to see that they are a bigger risk than a properly managed borders policy.

Just now, jaymann said:

I'm expecting it.

There are known factionsbforming in COMIN and Keys as a whole. Seems there is very little support for HQ and to an extent DA. The vote in Dec to introduce the day 1 and 14 testing highlights this too.

I hope she succeeds in passing through a vote.

Simple majority now but would need Alf & Chris Thomas support 

3 minutes ago, Banker said:

Simple majority now but would need Alf & Chris Thomas support 

Has the recent revision to the law removed the previous provision that a vote of no confidence could only apply to the whole of CoMin and not simply CM?