IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, horatiotheturd said:

What?

I thought they said it was two people who travelled back together and isolated together.

One potentially positive on return or prior to return infected the other whilst in isolation?

No intrahousehold transmission?

Your scenario is probably right but you're confusing intra-household (within the same household) with inter-household (between different households).

3 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

What?

I thought they said it was two people who travelled back together and isolated together.

One potentially positive on return or prior to return infected the other whilst in isolation?

No intrahousehold transmission?

That is intrahousehold. You need to brush up the difference between inter and Intra

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Actually it's complete nonsense from the start, and as I've said before quite scary because he seems to be listening to nonsense advice and endlessly repeating it no matter how often everyone else points out the flaws and inaccuracies.

This would be a very long comment if I tried to explain every error, so I'll just pick on the 14 day one in relation to the Douglas cluster and the 1%.  I actually suspect it's even less than this, but if the chance of one person not testing positive is 1% then the combined chance of two is 0.01% not 1%.  The reality of course if the problem here is intra-household transmission during isolation and testing should pick this up from at least one of the people involved.  The 14 day gold standard only applies to those isolating individually.

Edited by Cambon
Prior prior to 23/12, it was allowed for a returning person to isolate with a household provided they all isolated. It is highly likely that a person in the early stages of incubation can pass it on to the rest of the household. who pass it on after 14 da
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jaymann said:

I'm expecting it.

There are known factionsbforming in COMIN and Keys as a whole. Seems there is very little support for HQ and to an extent DA. The vote in Dec to introduce the day 1 and 14 testing highlights this too.

I hope she succeeds in passing through a vote.

Just now, better the devil/s you know?

4 minutes ago, Cambon said:

My understanding in one case that a uni student returned and isolated with his dad away from the family home. This was allowed until 23/12 provided they both isolate for 14 days, which we all know is just under 13. The student was in early days of incubation and would have tested negative on day one. He had no symptoms started shedding in the second half of the 14 days. Dad picked up the virus but because day 13 was still early days of incubation would have tested negative on day 13. They did there time and then went home, where the father passed it on prior to developing symptoms. The family went about their business, work, etc until then. 

If the student had been tested on day 13, because he was a 'late bloomer', perhaps would have tested positive.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

OK, genuine question to you or one of the people who like your post.

Why not just utilise the extra resources available who they aren't currently using and open for longer hours to do more people.

Its in everyone's interests to get as many done as possible, so why build in a deliberate bottleneck?

Getting the vaccines here is a bottleneck that can't be avoided.  Once they are on island any delay in administering them is just down to a lack of appetite to just get stuck in and do what it takes.

If a private company had exactly the same resources and were paid based on time from vaccine landing to being administered it would be done quicker and still within all the required protocols.

I would love to see anyone argue that not to be the case.

Because it would create a bottleneck due to availability. However many doses you deliver now will need to double in three weeks time. Supply will soon run out.

Edited by Cambon
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cambon said:

Because it would create a bottleneck due to availability. However many doses you deliver now will need will need to double in three weeks time. Supply will soon run out.

Disagree, but still would rather see a bottleneck due to lack of supply than lack of competence.

Plus they currently have loads and speed of delivery is only going to ramp up as Oxford becomes available as well.

Surely thay should be running a schedule now that has to stop because they run out and so which can keep up with supply when things ramp up.  Certainly would give a better impression to the government to be saying "we are waiting on more vaccines having worked flat out to distribute all we have " than " we are working three day weeks and have a load of spare in the fridge"

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Actually it's complete nonsense from the start, and as I've said before quite scary because he seems to be listening to nonsense advice and endlessly repeating it no matter how often everyone else points out the flaws and inaccuracies.

This would be a very long comment if I tried to explain every error, so I'll just pick on the 14 day one in relation to the Douglas cluster and the 1%.  I actually suspect it's even less than this, but if the chance of one person not testing positive is 1% then the combined chance of two is 0.01% not 1%.  The reality of course if the problem here is intra-household transmission during isolation and testing should pick this up from at least one of the people involved.  The 14 day gold standard only applies to those isolating individually.

An MBE no less.

18 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Because it would create a bottleneck due to availability. However many doses you deliver now will need to double in three weeks time. Supply will soon run out.

Ok how are Guernsey & Jersey able to do a lot more, start earlier & plan to finish earlier with similar resources & supplies?

Dr. Ewart says there may be community spread, "Under the radar" ( MR News).

No shit? Best get the equipment recalibrated then as we seem to be using a radar of the airport's new variety.

8 minutes ago, Banker said:

As so often there's more detail in the official media release:

Two new cases of COVID-19 have been detected in the Isle of Man.

The first case is a day 1 test result of someone self-isolating having travelled to the Isle of Man.  They remain in self-isolation and will be offered further tests on day 7 and 13 of their isolation period.

The second case is someone who developed symptoms and contacted the COVID-111 for advice and to arrange a test.  They are self-isolating along with other members of their household and will be offered a further test on day 13 of their isolation period.

The source of transmission for the second case has not yet been established, although contact tracing is continuing.  It means there is, as yet, no known link between this case and the existing clusters, including the case at St Mary’s Primary School.

This is all very worrying because we don't even seem to know how many clusters there are or how or if they are linked.  Of course we could do this through genomic sequencing but it's obviously more important for DHSC officials to maintain their petty vendettas and an outbreak of a deadly disease is a price worth paying for that.

• Like 10